I.I.F.I.F.M. Trailer Build

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Dirtytires: Yes I have my stock Samurai white spoke rims with 225/75/15 all terrain tires I will use for now.
I'm going to order new hubs from Southwest Wheel Co. with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern to match the Samurai. New Spindles to match hubs & then have a new axle tube cut to match the Samurai.
Then I have to decide what springs I want to use. I have my old Samurai springs I may take apart and redo the spring pack we'll see. Any suggestions?

The Samurai is My daily driver now and a fun truck to drive. I'm amazed at the places it goes.

A bit different from My 89 Suburban
scan0002.jpg

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
No Trans went out and I sold it and bought a 2003 Ford F-350 Crew Cab.

Then gave My Sis & Her Hubby the Travel-Eze for their anniversary and bought a 2002 34' Montana Mountaineer Bumper Pull Trailer for the F-350.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My buddy has an 88 Suburban with the 6.2 and added Banks turbo, that thing really is a tank. Tows his IH Scout with it and averages 16 mpg when towing and 20 mpg when not towing.

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Man-O-Man Between work and rain I can't get a thing done outside.

So Today I did a little layout in the shop to see how things will fit.

Stove will be level with top of Ice Chest and will have Drawers below.
DSCF1065.jpg

This Area is were the back of the box is tapered up to make the Top 5' x 7'.

DSCF1064.jpg

Next I'll make a few cardboard cutouts for a 16 or 18 Gallon Fresh Water Tank, Sink/Counter Slide & Kitchen Slide.
Then mock up The Box and Storage Area along with the Power Dist. Box.
P.D.B will be next to Ice Chest in it's own compartment accessed from a Door on the left side.

I'm thinking of changing the Solar Panel Slide to pull out from the rear instead of the left side.
That way i can use only 1 panel at a time if I'm just staying for the Day.

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Thanks Thom!

I do my general ideas on Graph Paper then do them in cardboard. It's a lot easier to see in life size.
If I only could figure out Google Sketchup.

Dirtytires could you Please schedule that Sunshine for Monday & Tuesday next week.
Thank You Very Much!!!

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Finialy had time to get the kitchen slide & water tank mock ups done

Kitchen Slide is 17x17x52
DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

Right side door opens to support side table.
DSCF1088.jpg

Backside of slide behind stove. Room for 5-1lb or 2lb propane bottles.
DSCF1094.jpg

and how they sit in the trailer
DSCF1099.jpg

Next as soon as the sink comes I'll do a sink/counter slide.

Now with Dirtytires help with the weather for Monday & Tuesday :bigbossHL: I'll get some things accomplished on the trailer.

Last edited:

Gonejpn2

Observer
Lookin great Brian! Love to see how it turns out. Maybe we could hit the trails this summer, after I get my 4x4 conversion done of course! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94