Subaru Forester Bumper Build for E.J.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Everybody's rig keeps getting cooler but mine...

Nice work, Stump.
Wonder how that would look in titanium...?

E.J.

Explorer
Update: Finally got the skid plate sorted out..
478364_10151126100243032_604543031_13450761_481576946_o.jpg

...and took the rig up to a Subaru Forester meet at Deal's Gap
DSCN0963.JPG
DSCN0965.JPG

One of these things is not like the others:) There was quite a bit of interest in the bumper but I don't think many of these guys will be knocking Stump's door down to get one.

E.J.

Explorer
Thanks man, that Foz ya'll are building is something else. Got some ideas for the rear but it's down the mod list. Going to do some more work on the suspension first.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
If your willing to spend a little money you should contact Odi at Feal Suspension. He makes an insert that is adjustable that will fit into a stock strut housing. The kicker is you can put it into a 2'' tube and get some lift out of the new length then just make your own tabs for the attachment to the knuckle to bring camber back into spec. If you run his rears all the way around you get close to 9'' of travel. I went a way more expensive route with my brothers just to get 10'' but figured someone had to do it :)

oromis

Just curious to how much steel was used during the build. In the picture it looks like you only had one sheet but I am assuming there was several stacked together. Also any word from Josh about how this thing performs offroad? have you hit it on anything? noticed the approach angle clearance? Does it get packed up with mud?
thanks

E.J.

Explorer
I haven't got in nearly as much wheeling as I'd have liked to this summer, only got out three times. Haven't hit anything with it yet, even through spots I'd hung up the stock bumper on before. Not too worried about packing it with mud, I can get my "trunk buddy" shovel in from the side above the skid plate.

I'm very happy with this bumper and hope to get one for the rear fabed up when I have the money and Stump has the time.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Man thats still 3 more times out than I've had all summer. Good to hear the bumper has more clearance than stock. Looking forward to the rear.

NothingClever

Explorer
This bumper looks a lot nicer than the Primitive Racing one I'm checking out.

Any chance you're interested in production for an Outback?

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Thats an awesome bumper!!!! Maybe I can talk my wife into something like that on her 4wd matrix, damn thing plows almost every curb, snowbanks, and animals constantly.

Mikebike4

Hey Stumpy, we're gonna start building a copy of your bumper tomorrow for my Forester. I'm hoping it comes out as slick as E.J.s!
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Came over hear from SubaruForester.org because of this bumper any chance you have the measurements you used I have been wanting to make one of my own

E.J.

Explorer
Sorry I didn't get back too you on SF.org. Stumpy built the bumper on the car, there wasn't a blueprint. I could measure the outside of it to get you into the ball park if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles