New Camping Table

rhyary

Observer
Not exactly.
The modified partner steel stand is the base for our table. partner steel is manufacturing the table stand per our specs.

The top is different.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Not exactly.
The modified partner steel stand is the base for our table. partner steel is manufacturing the table stand per our specs.

The top is different.

Exactly. With the addition of your table top... it would be an interesting option to purchase the table top separately.

rhyary

Observer
Although you could mount the table top to the unmodified stove stand it will not be secured to the top and you will not be able to insert safety pins to prevent the top to dislodge from the stand.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Although you could mount the table top to the unmodified stove stand it will not be secured to the top and you will not be able to insert safety pins to prevent the top to dislodge from the stand.

Not intending to be argumentative but the stand in your pictures looks exactly like mine, with pins to capture the sleeves attached to the angle brackets. In fact, I fabricated a back bracket with utensil hooks that fits on the pins of the stand to prevent my stove from sliding in the frame and allowing me to place a cutting board/table surface in front of the 2-burner stove.

If you're speaking of "safety pins," do you mean a cotter pin through the stand pins? I don't see any safety (cotter) pin in the pics your posted, nor a reason to have them with the length of the stand pins and diameter of the sleeve; their close tolerance wouldn't easily allow it in my experience with the stand. Unless, maybe, you set it up on 30-45 degree slope... ;)

I still assert, for owners of the stand, that the table element alone would be nice to offer separately.

rhyary

Observer
Here is the difference. The R shape pin goes parallel to the rail. It is not there in the picture but you can see the hole if you look carefully.

The standard Partner Steel will come a part when bumped. This table is designed to sustain a bump occasionally happen when people swerving around camping tables.

Will see about offering the top only. If there is a demand we will take it under consideration.

You can be argumentative if you want, but if I said it is modified, then it is, and with every thing I do, there is a reason for it.

Rami
4a46cdef-7e71-bad1.jpg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Here is the difference. The R shape pin goes parallel to the rail. It is not there in the picture but you can see the hole if you look carefully.

The standard Partner Steel will come a part when bumped. This table is designed to sustain a bump occasionally happen when people swerving around camping tables.

Will see about offering the top only. If there is a demand we will take it under consideration.

You can be argumentative if you want, but if I said it is modified, then it is, and with every thing I do, there is a reason for it.

Rami
4a46cdef-7e71-bad1.jpg

Don't get your panties in a knot; and I'm not arguing with you. I'm trying to understand you're modifications - thanks for the picture. Since I have a Partner stand your table option gives me more flexibility and utility. I think it's a good idea.

rhyary

Observer
Since I have a Partner stand your table option gives me more flexibility and utility. I think it's a good idea.

Thank you. I can see your point. It can save some money for someone that already has the legs. My first prototype I used my stove stand from partner steel and I felt that the modification was necessary.

Great stove isn't it? Here is one way I am using the Best Camping Table. You may find this config useful:
4a46cdef-f044-d73e.jpg

Last edited:

jonheld

We will have the prototypes at CM12.
I wish we could get the first 10 orders so we can start shipping these out. I want my table.

Free shipping for the first 10 orders within CONUS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94