The old 40 series

Ozroamer

Wanderlust, its a sicknes
Bj42, 2.4 diesel Landcruiser. Loved the truck, bullet proof but pretty agricultural and a rust bucket. All that leaf spring hardware hanging down did effect the off road performance in muddy ruts too - easy to hang up. Amazing performance underwater - had it way over the bonnet and she just ploughed on no problem at all. Perfect off roader, rubbish on roader - especially on mud terrains

Took here up East Coast Australia, all the way up to Cape York - epic trip

Alas three seats not much good for two kids and a wife, Gone to the dark side - the dark green oval side - coil spring luxury and more capable off road (shhh Disco 2) .

Must re do that Cape York trip

cruiser1.jpgexpo_0001.jpgexpo_0002.jpgexpo_0003.jpgexpo_0031 - Copy.jpgexpo_0031.jpgWinning Doesnt Suck.jpgYarramumnmun_trail.jpg

cc93cruiser

Observer
Beautiful 40, I too had a mustard 40...Miss it every time I see pics of it! About your darkside conversion, if you wanted luxury,coils, unbeatable off road ability, you should have got an 80. My guess is that you'll see the light once again once the D2 starts breaking down.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Mmmmmmm, mustard 40's rank up there for me... along with every other color 40 :D

Thanks for sharing!

Ozroamer

Wanderlust, its a sicknes
I am thinking about an 80 series turbo diesel or maybe a newer 100 series. In Aus both are super popular although the Disco is 160,000km's in without any issues so I can't really complain.

These days in Aust its pretty hard to go past all the turbo diesel dual cab ute's on the market. They really are great all rounders for the money.

Seems most people are avoiding the 200 series cruiser despite the great engine. Too big, too expensive. Turbo Diesel Prado's are pretty popular in the wagons

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles