2013 Chevy Colorado...are we excited?

Two things stood out for me in the article..."six-speed automatic transmission" which will be a huge improvement over the current 4 speed auto. and "two body widths". Wish they mentioned what kind of front suspension it will have and payload.

Last edited:

zolo

Explorer
Yeah I really think it could possibly be the only truck to really compete well against the Toyota. So far I like it on paper.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
It looks like a vast improvement over the current colorado. I didnt care much for that torsion bar front end in a small truck. I hope this forces toyota to step up their north american tacoma. Maybe we will get the HiLux in the future?

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Since most of the folks talking about this are US-based, it's probably worth noting that the current factory will shutdown at least a year (possibly 2) before the new one starts producing them for US-consumption. Probably we are talking about the 2015 model being available in 2014.

If GM follows their past on this new model and doesn't market it, I would be surprised to see it do much better sales wise than the current models -- unless the diesel comes here.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I think with the new CAFE standards they will half to market this more to pull some of the weekend warriors away from the 1500 and into the colorado. That is assuming the new colorado gets atleast 23 mpg in the crew cab 4x4 version. I went and checked it out on the chevy thailand site. This truck can wade thru 31.5 inches of water at 10 mph. When has chevy ever listed the water depth on a new truck. Sounds like they understand what people want.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles