Worlds Baddest suburban??

overlander

Expedition Leader
Everyone knows that the the Suburban that Pierce Brosnan drove in the movie "Dante's Peak" had to be the best and baddest ever!

I also learned another important point from that movie.

Life Lesson #234: If you ever find yourself trying to escape from a erupting volcano, and you have the choice of getting in a Hummer or a Chevy van, ALWAYS choose the Hummer.

Same holds true for the choice of a Defender or Chevy van, as long as the Defender's tires aren't inflated to 80 PSI.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
It is a sad story that I often see. It's a super "custom" vehicle that is incomplete and flawed yet the owner has an inflated sense of the vehicle's worth. He even admits that he is sick of working on it.

Some admitted flaws as well as others that are hinted at:

"MY LIST FOR SUBURBAN: If I were to keep this vehicle, I would do the following, in roughly this order:

1. Build front inner wheel wells. Mud and crap gets all over engine compartment and wiring and electrical system.

2. Have dash board painted dark, flat finish to reduce windshield glare. Clean up wiring under dash?

3. Make steps to lower egts and water temp while towing heavy loads. Mechanical cooling fan? Additional radiator under chassis with cooling fans, high flow exhaust manifold, water injection, 4.10 or 4.56 ring and pinion gears.

4. Hot Rod style heater/air conditioner unit with new control panel and make up custom A/C refrigerant hoses"

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
That sub has soooooooo much work in it. I would hate to know how much $$$ has been dumped into it. It's a rig that you don't build and plan to sell anytime soon.

durango_60

Explorer
That rig is very sweet, the owner must be active in our local hockey league as I have gotten plenty of time to crawl around it in the parking lot. The fit and finish is nice, but not perfect, I'm sure he has more money than any of us can imagine invested but I can't see paying 40k+. Then again, all it takes is one person who sees the value and ebay is a good place to find them.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
That was in a offroad mag a couple years ago, It is pretty nice well I mean for what it is, I'm sure it's been driven hard.

Aaron

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
durango_60 said:
That rig is very sweet, the owner must be active in our local hockey league as I have gotten plenty of time to crawl around it in the parking lot.

It belongs to Drew Barber from Avalanche Engineering.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
All that work and he is using milk crates to stow gear in the truck :xxrotflma I'm always amused at where people chose to cut corners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online