Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livin Lite Truck campers

Default Livin Lite Truck campers

Hi

I'm shopping for a hard sided camper and i'm thinking of a living lite 5.7 for a tacoma. Anyone have experience with or opinions on the truck campers?

Does livin lite make flatbed campers?

They were open to custom work as of 2 years ago. Give them a call.

haven is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Leader
    The Livin Lite web site says the 5.7 model weighs almost 1000 lb. That's light for a hard side camper, but still a big load for a truck with a cargo capacity of 1200 lb. Soft sided campers like Four Wheel Campers weigh around 700 lb for a similar size.

Quote Originally Posted by haven View Post
    The Livin Lite web site says the 5.7 model weighs almost 1000 lb. That's light for a hard side camper, but still a big load for a truck with a cargo capacity of 1200 lb. Soft sided campers like Four Wheel Campers weigh around 700 lb for a similar size.

I had wondered the same thing, seems like all the hard sided campers push the weight very close to the vehicles load capacity. I'm curently comparing options - the FWC eagle is up there on the list. Problem is living in Atlanta its also impossible to look at a FWC in person!

Spent the last two days shopping for a Living Lite 6.8. After trying to deal with 5 dealers to purchase one, I have decided to buy a Lance. The people I talked to had NO product knowledge. Two dealerships told they were not dealers even though they are on Living Lite site. I called the factory to try and buy direct and was directed to one of the dealers I had already called. The factory guy told me to talk to so and so " he's great". Salesmen come and go. Its the dealership that counts. I think it is sad that the factory guy did not contact my local dealer to help with the sale. Not good business in this day and age. Total opposite with Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by dags View Post
    I had wondered the same thing, seems like all the hard sided campers push the weight very close to the vehicles load capacity. I'm curently comparing options - the FWC eagle is up there on the list. Problem is living in Atlanta its also impossible to look at a FWC in person!
    FWC does make the Eagle in a hard side too - of course, its also about a 1000 lbs.
    You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home. -Twoflower

Quote Originally Posted by dags View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you.....'12 tacoma and have found a good deal on a 5.7 Camplite in NH, only three hours from me,,,,,just not sure my truck can handle it safely, even with air bags........have spoken with the FWC dealer in Wisconsin, its like 20K with what i want and a longgggggg drive. have also considered the northstar 600ss

Thinkin of this

http://www.outfittermfg.com/campers/...ou-lite-65this

only 775lbs DW, and out the door for 14.5k

I have a Liv'n lite toy hauler with a queen size pop-out. Weights 2000, tow very well even behind my gutless JK. When I get me a Dodge cummins truck, it will tow like it's not even there.
    The dealer led me to believe they were the manufacturer. My plan was to drive to Arkansas from Bend Oregon and pick it up. One day before I left, they informed me the trailer was being built it Indiana and thats where I would pick it up. Screwed up the trip I had planned. We wanted to tour the deep south and listen to country music and blues in legendary old clubs, like the 40 watt.

Opon picking up my trailer, about half of the stuff I asked for was not installed. Also, options I wanted but was told couldn't be done could have been installed acording to the factory.

I still like the trailer, but it is still a work in progress due to stuff they left out. The quality is much much better than any others I looked at, it is very light for a tandem axle 14 foot toy hualer with a gross weight of 7000 pounds, and it has held up to 1000's of mile of gravel with very few things comming loose. The onle real problem I have had was snow load (like 3 feet of it, plus ice) distorting the roof and causing some leaks. Since then I reinforced the roof with diamond plate and can now walk on it with my 200 pound body while wearing boots.

D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast