Full-Size Pick Ups, Builds, Ideas, and Trips.

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Love the pics of rigs being used for what they are intended, love seeing full-size trip pics. Really motivating!

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Just some lake photos I liked and wanted to share, they are from a day trip to the mountains.

lake 1.JPG lake 2.JPG lake 3.JPG

Attachments

• lake 1.JPG
    lake 1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 732
  • lake 2.JPG
    lake 2.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 731
  • lake 3.JPG
    lake 3.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:

SGTTOM

New Explorer
I have been out of the game for a awhile. I had a lot going on in life, new house, new career, no money, etc.... Any ways I have a semi normal schedule now (still short on funds lol), but I'm ready to go on some short trips locally. Since my last post I have bought and used a new RTT, which I have mounted on my truck using a Thule Exporter rack. I love the RTT and so does my wife. I will get pics up someday. We took it to Yosemite, Mammoth Lakes, Bishop, Lone Pine, and the Central Coast of CA.

Places near by I want to explore is Joshua Tree, Old Dale mining district, and Sheephole wilderness area. Oh, and Big Bear when it warms up a bit(maybe sooner if the wife gets brave). If anybody has experience I would love input on these areas and places my truck will make it/not make it. We took a short drive on Ironage Rd in 29 Palms the other evening. It's nice to get out again. A tiny bit of excitement in a washed out spot, lol.

Also, if anybody wants to plan a family friendly trip please let me know. We are new to the High Desert and would like to get to meet and know some like minded people(outdoors types). I'm not very experienced in off-road driving, but I do know my way around the outdoors. We would like to get involved with some groups in the area if there are any.

crismateski

American Adventurist
I have been out of the game for a awhile. I had a lot going on in life, new house, new career, no money, etc.... Any ways I have a semi normal schedule now (still short on funds lol), but I'm ready to go on some short trips locally. Since my last post I have bought and used a new RTT, which I have mounted on my truck using a Thule Exporter rack. I love the RTT and so does my wife. I will get pics up someday. We took it to Yosemite, Mammoth Lakes, Bishop, Lone Pine, and the Central Coast of CA.

Places near by I want to explore is Joshua Tree, Old Dale mining district, and Sheephole wilderness area. Oh, and Big Bear when it warms up a bit(maybe sooner if the wife gets brave). If anybody has experience I would love input on these areas and places my truck will make it/not make it. We took a short drive on Ironage Rd in 29 Palms the other evening. It's nice to get out again. A tiny bit of excitement in a washed out spot, lol.

Also, if anybody wants to plan a family friendly trip please let me know. We are new to the High Desert and would like to get to meet and know some like minded people(outdoors types). I'm not very experienced in off-road driving, but I do know my way around the outdoors. We would like to get involved with some groups in the area if there are any.

I spend a lot of time on the trails and camping in Big Bear, let my know when you want to go. As far as group stuff, there is almost always something going on, and everybody is great. I have gone out with new people from expo all the time, and everytime has been great and I have left with new friends. I would also check out the "Rendezvous" events. The next one is Desert Rendezvous in March. The desert rendezvou and mountain rendezvous are high points of my year. You get a great group of people from all walks of life, a random collections of rigs and good times with great food. you can get more details at http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/showthread.php?1142-2014-Desert-Rendezvous-Official-Thread Feel free to send me a PM

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Awesome, I am going to take a look into it! Thank you, and I will let you know about Big Bear. My wife and I plan on spending a lot of our summer up in the mountains.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
In response to your original post, I have a similar truck.

07 sierra z71 4x4:
2.5 level front, 1.5 rear
295/70/17 nitto trail grapples
bilstien shocks
rigid dually lights
hella spot lights
dual battery (optima)
volant air intake
magnaflow dumped exhaust
bed cover
cobra 75 cb
bedlined
soon to have clamps in the bed for axe, shovel, and highlift jack
Looking into addictive desert designs front venom bumper for better clearance

(battery setup)

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Here are some pictures of the new tent and last years trip in the Eastern Sierras.
DSC03001 (600x800).jpgDSC02824 (800x600).jpg
DSC02833 (800x600).jpgDSC02841 (800x600).jpg
DSC02845 (800x600).jpgDSC02852 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:

uscg2008

Explorer
In response to your original post, I have a similar truck.

07 sierra z71 4x4:
2.5 level front, 1.5 rear
295/70/17 nitto trail grapples
bilstien shocks
rigid dually lights
hella spot lights
dual battery (optima)
volant air intake
magnaflow dumped exhaust
bed cover
cobra 75 cb
bedlined
soon to have clamps in the bed for axe, shovel, and highlift jack
Looking into addictive desert designs front venom bumper for better clearance

(battery setup)
You need to start a build thread so I can stalk ya on there ahahah. Both you guys have pretty clean, functional and not overly done rigs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles