Full-Size Pick Ups, Builds, Ideas, and Trips.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Just a thought....

What if you get into an accident with your seat mounted organizer and everything flies out of the pouches? Seems like it might be a bad time to have everything not be secured.....

I've seen my fair share of rollovers with loose stuff in the cab, never a good ending. Either its loose and bounces around in the cab and maybe on your head. Or it bounces around and then out a broken window where you can't find it if you need it.

SGTTOM

New Explorer
First answer, got it on amazon.
Sencond, absolutly outstanding point. It all fit really snugly in the pouches, the gear I don't think would fall out if it was turned upside down, but add some force yeah there would be problems. I am also securing with 550lb paracute cord. I'll will now look into more ways to improve it and secure the items. Again, great point it is alwys great to get thoughts from others. Thanks! I will post more soon.

Last edited:

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Now I have it tied with a line of 550lb para cord that runs from the loops on either side down under the seat, not too ugly. I put in a quick release knot. Pic to come shortly. I think I have another idea for securing everything down better in their pouches.

SGTTOM

New Explorer
I am doing a last minute change of plan, it looks like I will be doing my trip this weekend up by Idyllwild, CA. The temps out in the desert are going to be nearing 100 degrees and my wife and I with the dog decided it might be best to wait til next year. We are somewhat undecided still, so any information on roads like Thomas Mt would be much appreciated! Thanks!

jayrguidaben

Observer
Getting there tom! Nice work. I updated my build, my 3" blocks and u bolts just arrive. so that my rear wont sag when im loaded with gears. see my sig

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Nice work to you as well! I like what your doing with the truck! Mods to the truck are slow going due to budget, plus I don't want to modify it too much. Still just looking at plates and suspension. Next year will be the year I buy a lot more for the truck. For now I'm working on recovery and safety equipment, followed by a RTT and racks for that. One step at a time. Going to Anza Borrego for a little exploring this weekend! Be out there Sunday through Tuesday. I'll be posting pics!

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Here are some pics from my first day trip to Anza Borrego. Some Pictographs and views. Very lovely place!
az1.jpg az2.jpg az3.jpg az4.jpg az5.jpgaz6.jpg az7.jpg az8.jpg az9.jpg

Gravel Slinger

Observer
Hey - new here...very cool site!
I'll post up my fullsize ride:
1972 Blazer
1ton axles -D60 w Lock Rite & 14bolt Detroit & disc
Crossover steering
36" TSLs
205/SM465 (soon to be T400)
Old & tired, but still pullin 350 :)

I guess built more for the mud than anything else, but really just used to go fishin in on the weekends & explore the backroads. Maybe when I get a new motor we'll wander a little farther from home with it; but right now 200 mile round trips are about the most i'm comfortable taking it on with out trailering it there.

interior.jpgfront corner.JPG

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Nice rig, I really like the open can. I am sure you will find plenty of great info here! I have.

topofpalomar

Enthusiast
Here's my rig: 2006 Chevy 2500 HD single cab 4X4 diesel.

IMG_1580.jpg

3" lift in front, 1" lift in rear, Firestone airbags. Bilstein 5100 shocks, Cognito steering kit, 285-75-16 Toyo M-55 tires on stock wheels.
Camper: 1999 Apache popup (rough but still works good).

Future mods I'd like to do: utility bed for better organization of gear, Buckstop aluminum front bumper with winch, Aluminess custom rear bumper with tire carrier, ditch the airbags and go with an extra leaf (to get back the wheel travel I lost with the air bags) a new popup made for the utility bed:wings:, and upgrade to 17" wheels.

Whether I get to do any or all of these mods would depend on finances and the boss lady giving the okay to do so.:violent-smiley-031:

Yours in Safety,

Cliff

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Looks good to me, I want to do a camper set up someday, I really like flip paks, but pop ups seem to have more amenities. Thanks for the post!

ctb619

Hey - new here...very cool site!
I'll post up my fullsize ride:
1972 Blazer
1ton axles -D60 w Lock Rite & 14bolt Detroit & disc
Crossover steering
36" TSLs
205/SM465 (soon to be T400)
Old & tired, but still pullin 350 :)

Nice rig. If you get a chance, post some info about what you did to get your interior looking so clean. Those seats look great. Did you have to cut up the floor pan to get them to mount right?

Gravel Slinger

Observer
Nice rig. If you get a chance, post some info about what you did to get your interior looking so clean. Those seats look great. Did you have to cut up the floor pan to get them to mount right?

THANKS!
The seats are out of a '99 Chevy ext cab truck (so they slide up & allow access into the back seat area). No, did not cut the floor pans. Actually the mounts lined up perfectly to original seat holes in the floor on one side of the seat & had to weld a bracket to make it line up on the other side. Console is out of '89 suburban & made a stand for it to sit on so would be the height I liked & have a place to mount the amp. The floors are sprayed with bedliner...that way when it gets really nasty inside I can just wash it all out with a water hose!
amp console stand.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier