Ducane Firelight II Propane BBQ/Stove Combo for a Wounded Warrior

kb7our

Explorer
I have this used stove http://www.amazon.com/Ducane-F7011013-Firelight-BBQ-Campstove/dp/B0000775FH/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t that I would like to provide to a wounded veteran of the Iraq or Afganistan war at no cost. The old link tells you pretty much what you might want to know about the unit. It is complete and in good condition with all the parts and a nylon shoulder case. This is a pretty heavy duty stove I have had for several years and no longer need. Could make for a nice camping setup as it has both BBQ and 2 burner capability and is of pretty decent quality. Just keep in mind the two halves work together so you need a large enough space to open up the unit such as a protected top table as there is some heat below the BBQ side (there is a plate with legs that sits underneath that side to keep most of the heat off the table surface). The unit is somewhat heavy at around 15 lbs. Should last many more years I would think. Regulator is low pressure 5 psi. If you are or know a wounded veteran you can deliver this stove to I can bring it to OE12 or come get it in Phoenix. I prefer not to have to ship this out if possible. My only requests are that this unit NOT be sold and that it gets to someone who could really use it. Consider this a little thank you to the Portal and of course to our Wounded Warriors.

PM if interested.

Wade

Last edited:

SGTTOM

New Explorer
As a Marine Corps vet(5 years active, and still in the reserves) I really thinks it's great to see some one doing such a nice thing for wounded vets. Thank you!

SLOwag

Adventurer
:exclaim: Kudos to you.

If you do locate a recipient, please let me know. I have some camping gear that I don't use often enough that I would like to get to a Wounded Warrior as well. heck, maybe we can outfit a person or family to help them enjoy camping.

SoCal_80

Explorer
This simply too good of an idea to not build upon. Talk about paying it forward! I think we should start a " Gear for Vets" area and post up no cost gear for those folks that have kept our sorry butts safe! Instead of making a few bucks we can help make someone have a great weekend camping or what not with their family.

kb7our

Explorer
Some great ideas to consider for those who have sacrificed so much (e.g. Gear for Vets, etc.) and thanks for the nice words of appreciation although I'm doing this in appreciation of you men and women who know who you are through this great Portal as the vehicle. I've received some PMs about the stove and suspect that it will find its way to a new home very soon. I realize there are many more Vets who may not, for one reason or another, even physically be able to or desire to utilize any equipment generated from this thread. For them, there are other ways to show appreciation outside the scope of the Portal.

Last edited:

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Have you thought about contacting the Wounded Warrior Battalions on Camp Pendleton, 29 Palms, or Camp Lejune? They would be able to find you someone to donate gear to, and if you started a program they would have plenty of marines to give to.

bjonga

Stove BBQ

Hello,

As a minor wounded vet, not feeling that I deserve hand outs, I will buy it off of you. If you live in Az. I am in Flagstaff, and occasionally in Prescott when I got the VA.

I have this used stove http://www.amazon.com/Ducane-F7011013-Firelight-BBQ-Campstove/dp/B0000775FH/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t that I would like to provide to a wounded veteran of the Iraq or Afganistan war at no cost. The old link tells you pretty much what you might want to know about the unit. It is complete and in good condition with all the parts and a nylon shoulder case. This is a pretty heavy duty stove I have had for several years and no longer need. Could make for a nice camping setup as it has both BBQ and 2 burner capability and is of pretty decent quality. Just keep in mind the two halves work together so you need a large enough space to open up the unit such as a protected top table as there is some heat below the BBQ side (there is a plate with legs that sits underneath that side to keep most of the heat off the table surface). The unit is somewhat heavy at around 15 lbs. Should last many more years I would think. Regulator is low pressure 5 psi. If you are or know a wounded veteran you can deliver this stove to I can bring it to OE12 or come get it in Phoenix. I prefer not to have to ship this out if possible. My only requests are that this unit NOT be sold and that it gets to someone who could really use it. Consider this a little thank you to the Portal and of course to our Wounded Warriors.

PM if interested.

Wade

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I have a good friend who fits your bill. Im an active duty Marine (18) years and counting. If you PM me I can get you his info. He is a medicall retired Marine who saw numerous combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan where he lost his leg and continues to suffer from his injury by having recurring surgeries related to his injuries. Despite all of this he continues to share an active lifestyle with his wife and children.

kb7our

Explorer
I lost track of this item (my bad) and actually still have the stove for the originally intended purpose (see initial post). Prefer pickup or could probably meet up somewhere in Phoenix to get this to someone (disabled/wounded warrior) who can possibly use it.

realwarrior

Realwarrior
While I'm not interested in the stove, as a young Disabled Veteran, I just wanted to say Thank You for this wonderful gesture. I know that I speak for plenty when I say that your recognition and appreciation means more than I can express in words.

kb7our

Explorer
While I'm not interested in the stove, as a young Disabled Veteran, I just wanted to say Thank You for this wonderful gesture. I know that I speak for plenty when I say that your recognition and appreciation means more than I can express in words.

No...THANK YOU and volunteers like you!!!!! I never entered the service, but had 3 younger brothers who did, 2 Army, 1 Marines. One brother has passed on. This isn't a big fancy piece of gear, but it's nice and probably will last a very long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz