Nevada Trophy 2012 coming up soon

rlwjaw

Observer
We have been planning and SAVING for quite a while .
We will be there if not canceled.
It is a lot cheaper than a trip to Disney Land or Cancun.

Chief

NVTR is entertainment, and most any form of entertainment will cost you. As stated above, it's still cheaper than a weekend in Disneyland. I suppose it comes down to ones priorities.

It is highly unlikely that gas will be less expensive next year or the year after that. When the time comes that I can no longer afford to fuel my 4x4, it will be time to take up another hobby ...bird watching looks interesting.

Here is to hoping it's not cancelled.

Last edited:

rlwjaw

Observer
Entertainment in the challenge is our primary reason for competing. The challenge of our selves
and our rig in unfamiliar territory with man made challenges.
If someone cant go and wants to contribute to our cause , we accept paypal @rlwjaw@hotmail.com
Thanks
******** & Dustin

expoxj

Adventurer
Wish I had the cash and the time off work. My vehicross is made for an event like this. Maybe next year.

Monterorider

Adventurer
Fuel always going to be an issue. It only matters how much you want to attend such event and we are not talking about trip into space or crossing Sahara desert. If you think of it owning expensive gas guzzling 4x4 to just pound pavement commuting to work makes even less scene.

rlwjaw

Observer
If all you do is drive your 4x4 back and forth to work and the mall you NEED this activity more than most.

Monterorider

Adventurer
Mee? I do yes. I was really looking forward for that 1300 mile round trip. Haven't done anything interesting lately. Although I usually drive my 2wd to mall, work or whatever. Last time I filled up my Power Wagon was in April.

Chief

We're gting off topic here just a little. Remember the point is the challenge of the event. There is none like it where an average Joe, in a otherwise basically stock 4X4, with minimal expenses can go out and have the fun NVTR gives in return.
Here in America wer'e very fortunate, just about any one can buy a 4X4, and most can follow behind 20 other vehicles along an established trail , it's quite another story to navigate over thousand square miles, finding hidden waypoints, essentially relaying on ones own abilites as well as your team mates to go out and get back. There in lies the challenge.

And yeah, Sorry if I don't subscribe to the "cost of gas" issue, Heck, I remember it was an issue when it was $1.80/gal, $1.50, or even $1.00 for that matter. After all, this is a 4X4 forum, and the basis of our mutual hobby is burning fuel in our 4X4's to go out into the wild. Or do I have it wrong?

Cheers,

Bruno

Last edited:

Monterorider

Adventurer
They "will be there" next year. Org's have had my check for couple months now. People you don't know what you are missing

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
All I can say is that if anybody is on the fence about attending or not, do it. You will have great memories for years to come.

Monterorider

Adventurer
Well, It's official. Cancelled. Bummer.
24HOURS you by some odd chance don't have the waypoints from 09. Do you. I didn't get to pick too many on that second day back then ;). May do my own personal Nevada Trophy. I've been itching to visit Jobs Peak. May not be as entertaining as you had it with snow. Still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier