Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Trophy 2012 coming up soon

2000 miles. Wow didn't pay attention to your location. Long haul for 2 days event.
    1992 Montero - overland eqpt. (SOLD)
    2002 Montero XLS - died protecting the master.
    1997 TLC 80 - (SOLD).
    2008 Dodge Power Wagon, 35's, FWC Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Monterorider View Post
    They had full scoring applied to them, special task and points. I think they put in mixed effort so they didn't score particularly high. They'd gun it for awhile then stop, hang out, take pictures. They were there for fun. I think they were admitted on recognizance that 37" is OEM size tire.
    They might be lenient on some things but can work you hard on others. Particularly everything must be attached securely. They gave me quite hard time last year my battery wasn't sufficiently attached. Fortunately rally was out of Fernly. They got Lowes, Walmart, even serveral auto parts stores. I was able to rig something up. Then of course luck would have it. My brakes disintegrated after first day. I was able to source parts right there we were only 1/2 hour late to start.

I know they were scored and allowed to run the entire event, but I was also present when M. Greene told someone that they signed up knowing that they could not win due to their tire size. The wagon was on 40"s as I recall. They were neat neat guys definitely having a fun time.
    7.3 Super Duty, 4X4, Ext Cab Shortbed, 6 Spd Manual. Hawk FWC
    2006 Jeep Unlimited
    2011 Toyota 4Runner (Hers)

1980 HJ45 Diesel LBP (Sold to some dude in Utah)
    1984 Troopy, ExPo White (Sold to the same dude in Utah that bought my other dream truck)
    Kimberly Kamper (Sold to the Toyota Shaman)

Recon, let me know what your plans are. Were not set in stone yet basically because of the second vehicle thing.

I would like to go but it doesn't seem viable since my vehicle doesn't come stock with 40" tires. There is also the problem that I may not be back in time from overseas. I will try to contact the organization and see what they say about tire size.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
    Camel Trophy 1998 - Tierra Del Fuego
    Rainforest Challenge 1999-2001 - Malaysia
    Outback Challenge 2001 - Australia
    Croatia Trophy 2002 - Croatia

I would think the would let you slide but who knows. We had access to core race truck but pesky registration and insurance!

I've sent them an email, so let's see what they reply. In the end, it's their event, and they will run it as they please. Chances are they will say no. They're a Land Rover/Camel Trophy crowd that believes in keeping vehicles stock. I have been part of the LR/CT crowd for years, and they tend to stick to their guns. Even if they do say yes, my biggest problem is if I'll be back in the US in time for the event. There is a bigger chance of making it for next year's event. By then you should have your H3T with the SAS done.

Recon, your rig would decimate in this event!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Not if I don't have a good navigator. This type of event is more about navigation, strategy and good team mates. The vehicle is secondary. It just happens to be that it's my only vehicle in the US.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Well, here is a dumb question, but where does one find the "Rules"? We looked all over their site and nothing. And does anyone know if it is full yet? We have e-mailed ORE about it though.

Gary
    Gary

KF7FHU

07 FJ Cruiser set up for the long haul

"No matter where you go, there you are" - Buckeroo Banzai

I found it from the link on the first post. It's not full. The organizer said if they didn't meet the minimum requirement for participants, they would cancel the whole event.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast