what did you do to your trailer today?

WMac

Adventurer
LOL... This actually happened today. I walked down to the shop for the first time in five months and stood there and stared at it for about five minutes when my wonderful wife of 27 years walks in and says "Hey sweetie what are you doing?". Just looking at it! I thought you were bringing it out tomorrow setting it all up and doing a pre season inspection. I am... I get a long drawn out O---- K as she turns and walks away" Its the voices in my head honey I replied.

Pffftt. You would think that after twenty seven years she would get... Oh wait maybe she does.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I got my 30 gallon water tank and 7 x 7 dome tent today from my favorite store Ebay.
I hauled two loads of tree trimmings to the dumpster at work then came home washed the trailer
set up the tent to air out "New in the box from a smokers house" and decided where the water tank should go.

Plans are over the axle "240 pounds full is heavy"
I measured for my tent deck for the trailer "Poor mans RTT" and it will be 7'x7' and lift from one side to access items in the bed.

I measured for my camp Kitchen and have some drawings down but need to see shelf location.

biskit

Adventurer
Just looked at mine !!!! my new axle still has not arrived :eek: i was hoping to have it fixed over the easter break.:beer: is the only alternative.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I removed the piano hinge that was riveted on. Pain to remove rivets. then had to redo the top rivets.
Mission complete. Now to get 2 new pieces of steel ordered for the new doors..

Woods

Explorer
Installed my kitchen and started to load some of my standard gear. This after complete dis-assembly and powder coating the box.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Look at My build, I bent this mount at work.
It worked out great! and was almost free "lunch for the press operator"
The pin mounts are clevis pins from the hardware store.

Attachments

• DSC05613.JPG
    DSC05613.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC05617.JPG
    DSC05617.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC05618.JPG
    DSC05618.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC05619.JPG
    DSC05619.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC05622.JPG
    DSC05622.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC05614.JPG
    DSC05614.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 36

java

Expedition Leader
Took a load to the dump!

Mark is that just a bungee holding the propane tank in? Does it seem secure enough?

GREENI

Adventurer
I'll play...
Today I bought some steel to cap some open box section...
I'll get pics up soon, it's a Sankey...

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Java:

The cage holds the tank from the top and bottom.
The sides cradle the sides.
The bungie wraps around and hooks to the pins with light pressure.
It cant rise up or drop down.
The bungie holds the tank tight against the back.

Look close you can see the 1/4" bolt that passes through the trailer and bolts the
frame to the tub, It is long enough to pass through the propane tank handle then I use a rubber washer and NYLOCK wing nut to tighten it all
down.

No movement and if the bungie would snap or get cut The tank is locked to the cage.

Attachments

• DSC05622.JPG
    DSC05622.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05623.JPG
    DSC05623.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC05610.JPG
    DSC05610.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC05611.JPG
    DSC05611.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 35

java

Expedition Leader
Ah didn't catch that top nut going thru the tank handle. I may just copy that for a 20# tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles