two questions, new to me pop up trailer

EricM

Standard American Mutt
What is the name of this DC Connector? What cables do I use to connect it to the 12V battery?

4b1e2d10.jpg

*EDIT* (5-21-2012) I have found the wires I need
BatteryCable.jpg
Coleman Part number 4749B5531

With the anti-sway hitch bar thingy, is this all there is to it? is it missing any clips or anything? it seems like it could just pop off at any time.

b1514662.jpg

*Edit* (5-21-2012) I just needed some pins, I have them now.

Thanks

Last edited:

TexGX

Explorer
I don't know the name of the clip, but I bet you could find them at an auto part store. You are going to want to use 10awg wire back to the battery. It you cant find the same connector, then just put another type one. The sway bar is missing two carter pins. They slide on to each end to keep the bar on the small balls.

TexGX

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
President. Carter:
Mr. Kotter:
Cotter pin:

Attachments

• jimmy-carter-picture.jpg
    jimmy-carter-picture.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2
  • kotter.jpg
    kotter.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 5VE82_AS01.jpg
    5VE82_AS01.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 269

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Sorry I had to do it!
That is an odd lookin plug "power wheels type" Check an RV shop or cut it off and get a new male and female at
Radio Shack.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
thanks,

Yup I had six of them in the garage so I am all set one the anti sway bar now.

I may end up cutting off the wire plug, the only thing is everything else has those connectors too..

I will make that decision later though.

Right now I am fighting the leak right at the base of the faucet, and getting the correct brass pieces for the new splitter for the two gas lines.

sickchilly

Observer
I don't know what the name of that connector is, but it's the same as what was on my old Coleman/Fleetwood pop-up tent trailer. It is not for charging the battery - not beefy enough. It is for running the interior lights and water pump off the vehicle should your trailer battery go flat or you don't have one. My p'up came with a very long cable with a standard 12v cigar lighter plug on one end and that connector on the other. I bet you can buy it from any RV dealer that carries Coleman/Fleetwood and possibly others.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
I don't know what the name of that connector is, but it's the same as what was on my old Coleman/Fleetwood pop-up tent trailer. It is not for charging the battery - not beefy enough. It is for running the interior lights and water pump off the vehicle should your trailer battery go flat or you don't have one. My p'up came with a very long cable with a standard 12v cigar lighter plug on one end and that connector on the other. I bet you can buy it from any RV dealer that carries Coleman/Fleetwood and possibly others.

ah thanks,

so the other question is, how do I hook the battery to the trailer so that the refrigerator runs on 12V?

TexGX

Explorer
I just did this same thing. You might want to check out my build tread. I just moved my battery inside the trailer and have not taken pictures yet. I had istalled all this in the tongue box first then decided that I wanted that space for fuel and water. I have the wire you are talking about ran to it. Inside I have 4awg wire running to a fuse box. Running off the fuse box are my 12v outlets or in your case, the 12v fridge. I also installed a battery charger/maintaniner with an outside port so I can just plug it in and leave it.

TexGX

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/74295-Best-Wife-in-the-World!!!

sickchilly

Observer
I bought this kit and wired it to my aux battery on the Jeep.
http://superwinch.com/products/productdetail/part_number=1520/4377.0.1.1
This allowed me to charge the two tongue-mounted batteries off the rig while towing or I could hook up to the rig if the batteries ever went flat.

Do you have a battery at all on your trailer? If so, there should be a converter box in the trailer that has three positions (off, battery, AC). When in the battery position, the fridge will run off the battery. You'll be able to run everything except the AC outlets and the air conditioner if you have one. All that requires an AC hookup or generator. Although, I installed a 2000w inverter in mine so I could run small appliances off the batteries.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
I bought this kit and wired it to my aux battery on the Jeep.
http://superwinch.com/products/productdetail/part_number=1520/4377.0.1.1
This allowed me to charge the two tongue-mounted batteries off the rig while towing or I could hook up to the rig if the batteries ever went flat.

Do you have a battery at all on your trailer? If so, there should be a converter box in the trailer that has three positions (off, battery, AC). When in the battery position, the fridge will run off the battery. You'll be able to run everything except the AC outlets and the air conditioner if you have one. All that requires an AC hookup or generator. Although, I installed a 2000w inverter in mine so I could run small appliances off the batteries.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier