Selling my Land Rover Defender 110 TDi

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I jst emailed with Claus yesterday, and he has talked with customs who told him big troubles if he leaves without the 110. I wish he hadn't spoken with them, but too late. Anyway, he is communicating with LRNA which will be of no help based on previous conversations with them. Long story short, I still hope to secure the truck, but the seller is a bit nervous. IT may actually make sense to sell to a Canadian as it fits their 15 year rule.
Wish I talked to Jason as Claus is talking with an importer in Idaho somewhere about making it legal for import...

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I was able to look at the truck at the McDonalds in Idaho Falls last week while I was picking up my rear Ford bumper from CBI. I spotted the truck from the road and pulled in. It looks great even with the dents.

2takearest

Hi guys,
sorry, we didn't anwser that long. But here's the actual situation:
We didn't sell the car, as we didn't want to do anything illegal. We hope to be able to return to the US someday, so we don't want to have any trouble with the oficials. Besides, the people who wanted to buy the truck haven't been true to us, so we didn't have the trust no more.
We are back in Germany since almost 2 month now, the truck will arrive here probably next week. We won't be able to drive it in germany, but we are planing on going to Russia some day and this would be the perfect vehicle :) Besides we are some kind of sentimental about the car.

Thank you guys for helping us out, for your interest and your warnings. You've made us feel good about our trip and our way of living. And the good thing is: now we know about the issues of selling a Defender in the States. Next time we will come with an older one;)

@ Red Crocks: Thank you for telling us about expeditionportal! We always remember!

@jrose609: what a shame, you didn't say hi!!! That would have been fun:)

Greetings form Germany
Claus and Agnes

mongosd2

Adventurer
Shipped it back to Germany...

"We are back in Germany since almost 2 month now, the truck will arrive here probably next week. We won't be able to drive it in germany, but we are planing on going to Russia some day and this would be the perfect vehicle Besides we are some kind of sentimental about the car."

2takearest

Yes, the car is in Germany, it will arrive in our town probably/hopefully at the end of this week.

@Antichrist:
The same problem as in the States: The car is not old enough for beeing an Oldtimer but its too old to fit the enviromental-standards. We would have to invest lots of money to get it licensed. We'll see. The plan is to go to Eastern-Europe anyway, it makes no sence to drive the car on the PAVED german roads...

Asher

Hello dear i was in searching for this parts but you are not mentioned the price of this actually want to have a little idea about the price of these parts so if you can mentioned the price here without any hesitation then please mentioned here anyways thanks for this
great information......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles