Thread: source for propane burner parts?

Default source for propane burner parts?

i'm interested in making my own propane stove, similar to the partner steel units. not because i begrudge them the money, but because i enjoy making things, and this looks like a fun project. the box/grill fab work is straightforward, but i haven't found a source for the propane burners themselves. i see lots of cast iron cooker parts, but not the small camp stove burners. looking at old coleman stoves, it seems like something you could make yourself, but i'd prefer to simply buy to the btu spec i'd like. anyone been down this path, and can offer some advice? thanks,

-SM-

Middle of Nowhere, Outer Skin of Space Ship Earth, 1 A.U. from Sol, Outskirts of Milky Way.
    Current: 76 E-250, bubble-top, self-contained|couple of old Yamaha enduros
    Previous wheelers: 41 Willys|78 FJ40|78 Bronco|84 Bronco|74 Ramcharger|78 Ramcharger|79 D150 PowerWagon|77 D100|79 D400 dually, converted to 4WD, utility bed, 10' Lance|75 Westy|69 Scout, RHD|bunch of others|bunch of bikes|couple of boats|couple of motorhomes|blah blah|so what|not my idea|just doin' what I'm told|wank wank|this space for rent|candy is dandy|but liquor is quicker

Quote Originally Posted by dwh View Post
    thanks, but i think they only carry burners for backyard bbq type grills, not smaller camp stoves.

Middle of Nowhere, Outer Skin of Space Ship Earth, 1 A.U. from Sol, Outskirts of Milky Way.
    Okay...

So maybe steal the parts from some old gas stove, and then get a propane conversion kit:

http://www.appliancezone.com/SearchP...ookieSupport=1

Or just get an old propane stove from an RV junkyard and use the guts.
    Current: 76 E-250, bubble-top, self-contained|couple of old Yamaha enduros
    Previous wheelers: 41 Willys|78 FJ40|78 Bronco|84 Bronco|74 Ramcharger|78 Ramcharger|79 D150 PowerWagon|77 D100|79 D400 dually, converted to 4WD, utility bed, 10' Lance|75 Westy|69 Scout, RHD|bunch of others|bunch of bikes|couple of boats|couple of motorhomes|blah blah|so what|not my idea|just doin' what I'm told|wank wank|this space for rent|candy is dandy|but liquor is quicker

you could also use the burners from a stove like:

http://www.coleman.com/product/perfe...0#.T4IaBdlZiSo

and ad your own plumming and such.
    2009 GMC 1500 ex cab All Terrain: lights, rack,
    1960s Mitchell slide in: solar,hydraulic lift
    toy: 72' wagoneer 6in lift, 33" MTR, transplant in progress: lsx and 6l80e

Maybe Partner will sell you the parts you need?

LINKY

I too am interested in tracking down a burner and regulator assembly but for a different project. I've got an old 60's era camping chuck box that has an old 2-burner stove that could use a refresh. Let me know if you can find something that would work. I too have considered calling Partner to see if they could sell me a burner kit.
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook
    ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
    kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

i suspect partner fabs their own burners. i know people make simple units for home forges and hobo stoves. cannibalizing a coleman or similar will not give you a SS burner.