Overlanding in Northern Arizona & Southern Utah , April 2012

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Interested in sharing coordinates for some cool spots in this area? I've got a few you would enjoy.
How far do you travel to visit this area?

If I have not saved the exact coordinates I can easily share enough info to steer you there. I travel from Southern California and my next visit will be to The Maze district.

Cool trip what was your favorite section? I'm living near Phoenix until June and have time for 3 and 4 day trips here and there. I would be interested in checking out some of that area but wouldn't be able to squeeze in the whole trip.
Also those places seemed pretty desolate, see any wildlife?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Cool trip what was your favorite section? I'm living near Phoenix until June and have time for 3 and 4 day trips here and there. I would be interested in checking out some of that area but wouldn't be able to squeeze in the whole trip.
Also those places seemed pretty desolate, see any wildlife?

It is a little hard to choose! I would rate the Lake Powell overlook as the most scenic and the road into White Pocket as the most fun to drive with the varied terrain and deep sand challenges. Hiking Coyote Buttes was the most fun on foot.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
cool! It got me pumped up because i should be out there end of April early May.... Can't wait!

Be sure to check ahead for road conditions and closures! We have had trips where we would divert to miss a rainstorm in the area of our first choice then come back to that spot later.

Last edited:

concretejungle

Adventurer
Thanks for the advice Jim! Since i'm a complete Rookie out there, i'll be tagging along with a few locals and others from the area that have been there done that. That way i can feel more comfortable that smart decisions are being made and they don't require my input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles