Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overlanding in Northern Arizona & Southern Utah , April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
    Great pics and video. Looks like a great trip!
    Thanks!! It was really fun plus I gained a lot more experience taking the trailer on longer offroad jaunts.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Trip reports are on my Blog: "Sun To The North"

Two Favorite Expo Quotes: "A bad day on the trail is better than a good day in the city" & "Bad days make for GREAT stories!"

Awesome as usual.
    What tunes did you use? The singer's voice in the last song is very familiar...having a brain fart right now.
    A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.
    ETAV8R's Build-The Gini
    Operation-Oxcart-AKA-Gini-s-Burden-A-Four-Wheel-Camper-story

Quote Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
    Awesome as usual.
    What tunes did you use? The singer's voice in the last song is very familiar...having a brain fart right now.
    Thank you!!

IIRC: Band is Interpol and singer is Leif Ericsson

YouTube tagged it under the video to the right

The video's lead-in song is an Algerian singer and the song is from his North African Groove collection
    Last edited by teotwaki; 04-16-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Two Favorite Expo Quotes: "A bad day on the trail is better than a good day in the city" & "Bad days make for GREAT stories!"

Interpol! That's it. Thanks.
    Yeah I like the lead in song too, reminds me of a song from the Blackhawk Down Soundtrack.
    A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.
    ETAV8R's Build-The Gini
    Operation-Oxcart-AKA-Gini-s-Burden-A-Four-Wheel-Camper-story

Interested in sharing coordinates for some cool spots in this area? I've got a few you would enjoy.
    How far do you travel to visit this area?

Quote Originally Posted by fourstringfletch View Post
    Interested in sharing coordinates for some cool spots in this area? I've got a few you would enjoy.
    How far do you travel to visit this area?
    If I have not saved the exact coordinates I can easily share enough info to steer you there. I travel from Southern California and my next visit will be to The Maze district.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Cool trip what was your favorite section? I'm living near Phoenix until June and have time for 3 and 4 day trips here and there. I would be interested in checking out some of that area but wouldn't be able to squeeze in the whole trip.
    Also those places seemed pretty desolate, see any wildlife?

cool! It got me pumped up because i should be out there end of April early May.... Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by JPIAZZ01 View Post
    Cool trip what was your favorite section? I'm living near Phoenix until June and have time for 3 and 4 day trips here and there. I would be interested in checking out some of that area but wouldn't be able to squeeze in the whole trip.
    Also those places seemed pretty desolate, see any wildlife?
    It is a little hard to choose! I would rate the Lake Powell overlook as the most scenic and the road into White Pocket as the most fun to drive with the varied terrain and deep sand challenges. Hiking Coyote Buttes was the most fun on foot.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    cool! It got me pumped up because i should be out there end of April early May.... Can't wait!
    Be sure to check ahead for road conditions and closures! We have had trips where we would divert to miss a rainstorm in the area of our first choice then come back to that spot later.
    Last edited by teotwaki; 03-27-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast