Overlanding in Northern Arizona & Southern Utah , April 2012

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Long video of my 9 day trip. I'll update the blog ASAP :elkgrin:

Areas shown are in or around White Pocket, Lake Powell, Grand Staircase Escalante. Video camera was a Canon SD1100 IS held in my right hand....

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Please come and enjoy my blog! Lots of pictures that you are sure to enjoy. Follow me across the wonderful terrain as I take my expedition trailer on a 9 day adventure.

http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com/2012/04/rizona-utah-with-my-expedition-trailer.html
NKN_1353-1.jpg

I'll be waiting for you to drop in!
IMG_5298-1.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I was looking at stats and found that a Suziki 4x4 forum in Argentina discovered the blog's post on the Death Valley Radio Expedition. They appear to be ham radio enthusiasts.

maxingout

Adventurer
I enjoyed the video. You did a good job holding the camera level with your hand, which is not an easy thing to accomplish. Southern Utah is amazing. Nice rig for the trip. The sandstone photos in the slick rock areas are great!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I enjoyed the video. You did a good job holding the camera level with your hand, which is not an easy thing to accomplish. Southern Utah is amazing. Nice rig for the trip. The sandstone photos in the slick rock areas are great!

Thank you much! That is the first time I've tried anything like that but I've seen so many great videos here that I wanted to try making one myelf. I used M/S Moviemaker but I would have liked to edit the individual clips a bit more so as to cut down the total time to maybe 4 or 5 minutes.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Jim you might want to download MPEG Streamclip as it is a free easy to use program that lets you chop up your segments before putting them in the video editor.
I am not a master at video so if I find it useful then you know it is good :)

Good job on the video & blog...I just wish I didn't have to keep leaving Expo to read all this stuff, I find I miss too much. But I understand why you do it.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Jim you might want to download MPEG Streamclip as it is a free easy to use program that lets you chop up your segments before putting them in the video editor.
I am not a master at video so if I find it useful then you know it is good :)

Good job on the video & blog...I just wish I didn't have to keep leaving Expo to read all this stuff, I find I miss too much. But I understand why you do it.

Thanks for the compliments and for understanding! I appreciate the pointer on MPEG Streamclip and will check it out

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Awesome as usual.
What tunes did you use? The singer's voice in the last song is very familiar...having a brain fart right now.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Awesome as usual.
What tunes did you use? The singer's voice in the last song is very familiar...having a brain fart right now.

Thank you!!

IIRC: Band is Interpol and singer is Leif Ericsson

YouTube tagged it under the video to the right

The video's lead-in song is an Algerian singer and the song is from his North African Groove collection

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Interpol! That's it. Thanks.
Yeah I like the lead in song too, reminds me of a song from the Blackhawk Down Soundtrack.

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
Interested in sharing coordinates for some cool spots in this area? I've got a few you would enjoy.
How far do you travel to visit this area?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles