Versa experts....

Adventure IQ

Explorer
Is this a coleman versa? Was forwarded the pic from a local classified
ae7e6a4f-6a96-43b6.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Fairly certain it is, but why would you want one? They are pretty weak and you will have to change a lot(spend a lot) to get it trail ready.

tclaremont

Observer
It is a versa. Low priced for a reason. Difficult to find the cap for. Fun, easy project, but you will typically throw away just about everything but the paperwork.

ColemanAfter.jpg

Here is mine.

tclaremont

Observer
It is probably worth 200 as a daily use trailer, but if you are a typical expo kinda guy there is little of use to you here. The sides are only one foot deep, for example. The trailer is a tilt, and the tongue is relatively short. That means replacing the tongue, or at least welding it in place. The axle is too light, and retrofitting larger wheels and tires means a new axle, and new fenders. Then you enter the "Midas Well" where you might as well replace the springs, and you might as well replace the shackles and you might as well rewire it. You see where we are going with this. The only thing there is sheet metal, and not a lot of it at that.

Do I regret doing mine? No. Do I have way too much money into it? Yes. Would I do it again to a Versa Trailer? No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz