Easter JEEP Safari picture thread 2012

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Since its a JEEP event I thought this would be the best place?

Anyways, my album is here....

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/Metcalfphoto/easter jeep safari 2012/

Some thoughts.....

100_1137.jpg

100_1135.jpg

Coolest Jeep at the event in my opinion ( for the 2nd year running! ). I saw it last year and loved it. They spent the last year improving it and tuning it. It sits a touch taller. Lots of other small stuff. This thing is just the coolest thing ever. 6-cylinder Cummins, auto, Atlas, D60 front, 14-bolt rear, 39s, very low stance, cleanly trimmed fenders and lots of little details. Frenched exhaust pipe, ultra-low crossover steering, lockers, clean simple bumpers, rocker guards, etc.

100_1153.jpg

Very nice little flat fender! It made mine look like a big pile of junk. It was very clean and simple.

I'll go through the pics more later.....

Clutch

<---Pass
100_1135.jpg

Coolest Jeep at the event in my opinion ( for the 2nd year running! ). I saw it last year and loved it. They spent the last year improving it and tuning it. It sits a touch taller. Lots of other small stuff. This thing is just the coolest thing ever. 6-cylinder Cummins, auto, Atlas, D60 front, 14-bolt rear, 39s, very low stance, cleanly trimmed fenders and lots of little details. Frenched exhaust pipe, ultra-low crossover steering, lockers, clean simple bumpers, rocker guards, etc.

Have seen that somewhere before, can't remember where....it is so up my alley...we used to have a Wagoneer of that vintage...it was a POS in its' stock form...nothing but problems...however the way that one is built it s perfect...that is what you should build and ditch the JKU concept. :ylsmoke:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Have seen that somewhere before, can't remember where....it is so up my alley...we used to have a Wagoneer of that vintage...it was a POS in its' stock form...nothing but problems...however the way that one is built it s perfect...that is what you should build and ditch the JKU concept. :ylsmoke:

If done right it would be 99% of what I am looking for. It would be a TON of work however. I would love to do one with the panel version of the FSJ. They really are not that light or small however. I do think the bodies are a touch less wide than my dodge, but not much. That vehicle has a CRAZY amount of custom fab in it.

It was in a mag a few months back....

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/featur...ns_diesel_1984_jeep_grand_wagoneer/index.html

Like I said, it had been improved a lot since last year. They basically wheeled it and tuned it.....job well done in my book.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I don't think he needs it :) I would rather it be nice and low.......

With the big tires it can be kinda deceptive. I bet he has close to 5-6" over the tire in the front. The rear, not so much.

Clutch

<---Pass
If done right it would be 99% of what I am looking for. It would be a TON of work however. I would love to do one with the panel version of the FSJ. They really are not that light or small however. I do think the bodies are a touch less wide than my dodge, but not much. That vehicle has a CRAZY amount of custom fab in it.

It was in a mag a few months back....

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/featur...ns_diesel_1984_jeep_grand_wagoneer/index.html

Like I said, it had been improved a lot since last year. They basically wheeled it and tuned it.....job well done in my book.

Weld the rear doors shut like the Duke Boys and the General Lee...and you're good. :ylsmoke:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Yeah, you missed the part about it being a TON of work :) The rear doors would be the least of my worries with that one!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
With as much as the owner liked it....I probably don't have that much money.
I think the builder would buy it from the owner if he ever sold it also.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
More....

100_1041.jpg

Very cool, I can only imagine what it cost to build....

100_1043.jpg

It's basically mid-engine however, that is why the bed is so high with limited capacity.

100_1044.jpg

I would love to be a set of the wheels off the FC concept. They are forged aluminum Hutchinson wheels. I am seeing a LOT more Hutchinson wheels on the trails these days.

100_1034.jpg

39.5" tires on about 3" of lift with Nemisis Ind. ALUMINUM fenders front and rear with ALUMINUM rocker guards. This vehicle has bee BEAT up and down most of the hardcore trail in Colorado and Utah. It would seem that a properly built 4-door JK can do a LOT of different things...

100_1079.jpg

2-door JK at the AEV both with the new 2.5" lift, 35s, and a 470 hp 6.4 hemi! I bet that thing is just crazy to drive!

Clutch

<---Pass
Never know until you ask....

Yeah, I guess it all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much work you want to do.

Clutch

<---Pass
I've never had anything built by someone else really. That would be different.....

It could be great, seeing how someone else goes about dealing with problems...or you'll drive yourself nuts thinking how different you would of done things...or a little combo of both...

Seems like most of the huge hurdles are finished...and you would only have to fine tune it to your needs. welding the rear doors and shaving those door handles to make it look like a factory 2-door would be pretty awesome...then redoing the interior.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I talked with the builder and owner a lot. I would guess selling it would be the last thing on his mind. I am sure the builder, Mercenary Offroad, would build another one if you wanted.

The FSJ is close, but the body is still bigger than I would want. Its only about 2-3" narrower at most than my dodge. Then you have that big pourch of a hood out there to see over. That is one of the biggest downfalls of my Dodge off-road.

I feel the overall size and form factory of the J8 3-door or 4-door JK is just about the right compromise. Decent visibility over the hood, good departure angle, good approach angle, mostly smooth belly, long enough wheelbase to gain some interior room without going overkill.

Clutch

<---Pass
I talked with the builder and owner a lot. I would guess selling it would be the last thing on his mind. I am sure the builder, Mercenary Offroad, would build another one if you wanted.

The FSJ is close, but the body is still bigger than I would want. Its only about 2-3" narrower at most than my dodge. Then you have that big pourch of a hood out there to see over. That is one of the biggest downfalls of my Dodge off-road.

I feel the overall size and form factory of the J8 3-door or 4-door JK is just about the right compromise. Decent visibility over the hood, good departure angle, good approach angle, mostly smooth belly, long enough wheelbase to gain some interior room without going overkill.

It does sound like the JK is best platform for your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles