Tan or Gray Canvas

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I was on the phone today with Bear Creek Canvas about getting a new top for my Coleman Colorado. The guy there said I should get the Tan because it would last longer. However my little camper is going to be white and black and Im not sure how it would look. Dose any one have any Idea how much longer it would last in the tan? Are week talking a couple of years or more like 10 extra years.

thanks

Nate

TheThom

Adventurer
The guys at Bear Creek can answer that question better than anybody else - probably better than anybody else on the planet. By all accounts they are knowledgable, straight shooters. Also, I think tan canvases are a bit cheaper -so they aren't trying to snow you. I ended up ordering a tan one from them for the same reason. I'm just going to adjust my color scheme to match.

Also, look at a lot of the builds. Tan RTTs are common on white and gray trailers. They look good.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would go for the tan, cooler in the sun and show dirt less. Likely the reason tan does last longer is because it retains less heat.

TheThom

Adventurer
They say Tan is better because it's the "default". To get it Gray, they bleach/dye it and that hurts its life expectancy. I would NOT bleach it yourself - that will definitely shorten it's lifespan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online