AR: DPMS or Del-Ton?

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
I like the McFarland one piece gas ring, the heavier the carrier the better, forged mid length upper (chrome) w/flat-top, swan rail w/integral rear sight topped off w/Comp-M w/ARD.

I use a storage hand grip and keep a spare bolt assembly/broken shell extractor/ along w/other parts that can be easily lost in the field. In the many decades I've used the AR-M16 platform I've had a few bolt failures at critical moments not a good feeling, but backup fixed it.

Drums are my preferred method of feed, yea I know it's a bit much but "I can & drums too".

View attachment 97215View attachment 97216View attachment 97217

Since Tacodoc lives in CA, it should be noted this wouldn't be a legal configuration in CA. Here's a link to a good resource for evaluating what can and can't be done with respect to semi-automatic rifles in CA: Calguns Flowchart

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
What no full auto, or?

If you are asking about the specific issue with this gun, we are not allowed to have magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds on a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that is configured with one of more of the proscribed "evil features" (pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible/folding stock, thumbhole stock, grenade or flare launcher) unless it happens to be a registered AW.

Yes, yes, I know, but please don't rub it in! ;)

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
My new Smith and Wesson M&P-15 MOE :D

"The M&P rifle series is based upon a combat-proven design and incorporates a full set of standard features currently unmatched in other AR-15-type tactical rifles. Both the M&P15 and the M&P15T (with its high-end accessory package) are rugged, lightweight, semi-automatic rifles. Both are chambered in 5.56mm NATO ammunition and are built to perform under a diverse range of conditions. Reliability features of the gas-operated rifles include a chrome-lined gas key, bolt carrier and barrel. Both the M&P15 and the M&P15T are designed to accommodate a variety of shooters and shooting positions through the use of a six-position adjustable stock."

***The MOE edition of the M&P-15 features the Magpul MOE handguard, MOE stock, MOE grip, and the MBUS sights***

Specifications

• Caliber: .223/5.56
• Capacity: 30
• Weight: 6.5 lbs
• Action: Single Action - Semi-Automatic
• Trigger Pull: 7 lbs
• Barrel Length: 16”
• Overall Length: 35"
• Sights: Magpul MBUS Adjustable Dual Aperture
• Stock: Magpul MOE Stock
• Material: Aluminum , Steel
• Finish: Flat Dark Earth / Black / Foliage Green
• Country of origin: USA

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Last edited:

Uglyduck

Adventurer
Excellent choice Dave, thats arguably one of the best value AR's on the market right now. Now you've got the bug...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Excellent choice Dave, thats arguably one of the best value AR's on the market right now. Now you've got the bug...

Thanks. I'm really liking it. Quite an upgrade over what I set out to purchase initially but I'm glad I went for a higher quality setup.

sfsmedic

Adventurer
Tacodoc if you need any help or parts or anything at all regarding your AR let me know. I live close to you, I'm an 01 FFL and I am a dealer for lots of companies regarding AR stuff. I'll take care of you if you want some accessories to even include optics.

Oh and ive got a nice little private property spread to legally shoot on complete with real target stands and ar500 steel. I'm a LEO as my primary job and the side business I mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles