Thread: xplore vehicles

Default xplore vehicles

Anyone run across one of these in person? Quite the list of options on their site... Standard Dealer Option Markups apply...

www.xplorevehicles.com

Haven't seen it up close but there is one on the floor of the Toyota Escondido showroom...

I wanted to buy a 4Runner equipped model pretty badly and was working with a dealership but we couldn't come to terms on price of the actual vehicle. I ended up finding a vehicle for nearly $3,000 less by abandoning the ARB prospect. The pricing for the labor and the modifications seems to be reasonable.
    Ryan
    2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition | 2011 Corvette | 1999 Tahoe (Donating to Sister)
    KC2VQG - Army Communicator
    Facebook | Twitter
    Stationed @ Ft Drum, NY | Deployed to Afghanistan | On Orders to Ft Leavenworth, KS

Looks like the "money cannon" approach: i.e., aim the money cannon at the vehicle and squeeze the trigger.

I don't own a money cannon and never will, so I do my mods one at a time, as needed.
    Martin KD0PHH
    2007 Toyota 4runner SR5, 4.0 V6. FJC lift, FJC black steelies, 255/75/17 BFG MTs & custom front bumper!

I'm a million miles before you, I'm a million miles behind
    I'll take you straight and narrow, I'll ramble and I'll wind
    So curse my broken brimstone, or kiss my bricks of gold
    I'm not the reason - I'm just the road
    - Aaron Watson, "The Road"

haven is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Leader
    You could buy and install the equipment yourself. But then you wouldn't have the factory warranty, or the option to use factory financing on the whole package. More on Xplore here

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ll-size-trucks
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...re-adds-Tacoma

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
    They seem overpriced to me, and I wouldn't want to finance upgrades, or anything for that matter. But I do see a market for stuff like this. Wealthy people who want something really trick without all the hassle of piecing together their own rig. Or the guy with big dreams that just asks "How much a month are the payments".

This idea of upgraded vehicles available at the dealership seems to be big in the Jeep world. I like the "money cannon" analogy. Boom! $65k on a Jeep Wrangler.

Of course, Ford does this with the Mustang, I suppose - a la Rousch and/or Saleen.

Dan
    1996 Lexus LX450

to much $$ for what little they put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinjmpr View Post
    Looks like the "money cannon" approach: i.e., aim the money cannon at the vehicle and squeeze the trigger.

I don't own a money cannon and never will, so I do my mods one at a time, as needed.

+1

Looking at the "Stage 3" seems like you are paying way too much for what you are getting. But if you have a "money tree" to feed your "money cannon," go for it.

Lockers should be offered in Stage 3.

Cheers