80 series steel wheel options...

Flagster

Expedition Leader
What are my options for steelies on a 95 LC...would like to stick with a 16 or 17" size...

Thanks
Matt

94SRUNNER

Adventurer
I run a set of 17" FJ Cruiser steel wheels. Absolutely love them.

They work fine without spacers using stock size tires (I run a ~32" tire), but with larger tires spacers may be needed. I know a lot of guys who run spacers to widen the track back up, because otherwise they sit in a little farther that the stock alloys do.

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
70 Series steel wheels.

RFrtMT.jpg

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
70 Series steel wheels.

RFrtMT.jpg

By far the best looking option in my opinion. I've got 2 of these on the trailer and wish I had 6 more for the spares and the 80. But it's going to be a far less expensive to find 2 more 93-94 aluminum wheels.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Are those 70 series wheels available stateside? And are they 16"s...they look like the chrome ones on my 60.

czenkov

Adventurer
IMG_0343_2.jpg

Here is a pic of my 62 with a set of the 70 Series 16" wheels. Expensive? Yes. Available Stateside? Yes. Send me your email or phone# and I will have my buddy that got them for me contact you.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Matt,
First, I must ask why you want steel wheels. They are heavier, and your truck is the "Pimp daddy" edition, and needs chromed stock aluminums on it.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I've bought a bunch of those 70 series wheels from Cruiser Dan and Beno for discount through their ih8mud deal. It's a great wheel.

Last edited:

a.mus.ed

Explorer
I went with the Discount tire brand for ~$60/wheel - if my memory is good. Ordered the backspacing I wanted and came in quick.

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 167

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Yes, they are available in the US and they are 16x6. Part number 42601-60262-03.

x2, that is the ones we've used. ~$165? per corner if I recall correctly, available from your favorite Toyota dealership.

For plain black steelies, I ran the ProComp 15" variety on my FJ80, their 16" version would be an easy fit on the FZJ80 for ~$80 per wheel?

JohnnyS

Explorer
42601-60361 is an OEM 16" steel 80 series wheel, retail $188. good guy price around $140.
I use one for my second spare.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Will FJ wheels fit on a 100? I need to get some wheels for my trailer that will fit on the cruiser also.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Will FJ wheels fit on a 100? I need to get some wheels for my trailer that will fit on the cruiser also.

Your 100 is five lug, the "FJ" wheels are six lugs. You can fit some newer Tundra wheels depending on back spacing and electing to use wheel spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne