EarthRoamer Consignment Vehicles

I've been interested in purchasing an expedition vehicle for several years now, but the bad economy has kept me on the sidelines. I'm not getting any younger and I am now in a position financially to afford a vehicle up to about $175,000 (maybe even $200k). Today I was on the EarthRoamer web site and I see that several of the used vehicles on their have had significant price drops and prices now range from $100-200k, well within my price range. I've always like the "look" and style of the EarthRoamers and I like the fact that they have built a bunch of them. My question is this: Have any readers of this forum actually dealt with the folks at EarthRoamer? What was your experience? Anybody actually owned an EarthRoamer? What should I be looking for in a used vehicle? Any other vehicles like the EarthRoametr that I should be looking at?

trailsurfer

Explorer
I own a Earthroamer. You won't find a better company to deal with. They go through the consignment vehicles with a fine tooth comb and they even warranty them. Make a trip out to see them and you will not be disappointed in the quality and design of a Earthroamer.

turbopilot

Observer
I've been interested in purchasing an expedition vehicle for several years now, but the bad economy has kept me on the sidelines. I'm not getting any younger and I am now in a position financially to afford a vehicle up to about $175,000 (maybe even $200k). Today I was on the EarthRoamer web site and I see that several of the used vehicles on their have had significant price drops and prices now range from $100-200k, well within my price range. I've always like the "look" and style of the EarthRoamers and I like the fact that they have built a bunch of them. My question is this: Have any readers of this forum actually dealt with the folks at EarthRoamer? What was your experience? Anybody actually owned an EarthRoamer? What should I be looking for in a used vehicle? Any other vehicles like the EarthRoametr that I should be looking at?

Yup, the prices are falling quickly. My 2008 XV-LT ER#64 should be up on the consignment website on Friday listed at $167,000. Prices for the 2008 ER are now approaching 50% of the cost of a new ER (depending on options and miles).

howell_jd

Adventurer
EarthRoamer is a top-rate company with fantastic people at every level. Not only do you get great service and support, the community of owners is diverse and welcoming. The looks and styling of the ER are matched by the performance and durability inside too; rugged and functional from the very best looking materials. I have almost 90k-miles on my ER#15 and haven't looked back - buying an ER to keep my family traveling and exploring was a GREAT (and easy) decision. Due to the extensive and in-depth inspection and servicing that is performed before an ER gets consigned the usual "used" vehicle worries are actually quite minor but some of the trucks get used more (and more vigorously) than others. After puchase there is a need to maintain these vehicles too...some mechanical systems are not kind to extended periods of neglect (but this is almost universally true, especially in large vehicles).

One thing is certain, with an ER you will have a BLAST!

Jonathan

rblackwell

Adventurer

John

One of those ERs is mine. I am selling it to buy a GXV on a Unimog chassis.

Now is a great time to buy a used ER - for instance, I bought #75 for $225,000 a year ago and soon the price will be around $170 and only 15,000 miles - my loss your gain. You should be able to get a good low mileage fully loaded vehicle for $170,000.

I agree with trailsurfer - ER is a great organization to deal with. We were very happy with our ER - but sadly concluded that it was not the right vehicle for us to take across Russia and import permanently into Australia at the end of that trip.

We have also owned a Provan Tiger - that is also a great organization. Their new Siberian is certainly worth a look.

In a few months I will be able to tell you about our GXV/Unimog.

Rob
whiteacorn.com

poohbearusvi

I've been watching the prices too. Anything with a motor (car, boat, plane, RV) will depreciate at least 50% by the fourth year. Earthroamer's have held their prices because there are not a lot on the used market. I priced a new one with all the options including air ride and MPT81's and it came in at $300,000. I see #094 is down to $195,000. That one interests me but it's still priced too high for my taste. At $150K, I'd be flying up to Colorado.

#94 sold

I've been watching the prices too. Anything with a motor (car, boat, plane, RV) will depreciate at least 50% by the fourth year. Earthroamer's have held their prices because there are not a lot on the used market. I priced a new one with all the options including air ride and MPT81's and it came in at $300,000. I see #094 is down to $195,000. That one interests me but it's still priced too high for my taste. At $150K, I'd be flying up to Colorado.

#94 caught my eye as well. I called Earthroamer today with plans to make an offer on #94 but it was already sold. They said #100 was also sold. :(

4 ERs sold since Saturday?

Whats going on at Earthroamer? Since this past Saturday 4 of the 7 used Earthroamer listed for sale are now marked SOLD! As near as I can tell 4 year old vehicles are selling for about 2/3 of what they cost new. So much for poohbearusvi theory that anything with a motor will depricaiate 50% in 4 years.

I'm thinking now that Unit #73 with only 1,175 miles looks like the best bet of the three remaining units. It looks like a $15,000 premium for 13,000 less miles. Is the super low miles worth the extra 15k or should I get #75 and add an air ride suspension for about the same price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles