2000 FG637 Fuel Cutoff Wiring

offroadpup

Hi people,

I have an issue with my FG637 fuel cutoff not working. I've had it in for a recent service where they checked it out and tested the motor on another canter and its working fine so appears something else in the wiring is preventing it working. Apparently when asked Mitsubishi reported there are no wiring diagrams for models pre 2003 (might have been 2004) to work off so I'm a bit stuck.

Does anyone know if there is a relay hiding somewhere for this that might be cactus, or know where the wiring for this thing ends up ?

In the worst case I can probably kludge up a mounted switch for it but would much rather see if it can be fixed properly first.

Thanks in advance,

-Andy

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi people,

I have an issue with my FG637 fuel cutoff not working. I've had it in for a recent service where they checked it out and tested the motor on another canter and its working fine so appears something else in the wiring is preventing it working. Apparently when asked Mitsubishi reported there are no wiring diagrams for models pre 2003 (might have been 2004) to work off so I'm a bit stuck.

Does anyone know if there is a relay hiding somewhere for this that might be cactus, or know where the wiring for this thing ends up ?

In the worst case I can probably kludge up a mounted switch for it but would much rather see if it can be fixed properly first.

Thanks in advance,

-Andy

Hi Andy.....I'll send you a PM about this. John

offroadpup

Just to finish this thread with a solution for anyone searching in the future, but first thanks to John for your kind help on it.

There is a relay controlling the fuel cutoff motor, on RHD FG637 it is under the plastic dash panel that surrounds the fusebox, it is a yellow relay just below and at the right hand end of the fusebox. In my case 2 of the wires of the relays connector were corroded through causing an open circuit. There is also a fuse for the relay and a separate fuse for the cutoff motor, both are listed on the fusebox cover and if either are blown it wont work.

Hope this helps someone one day.

-Andy

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles