Thread: Butler motorcycle maps

haven is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Leader

Default Butler motorcycle maps

Butler is a small Colorado company that specializes in creating backroad route guides for motorcyclists. Their goal is to identify the most satisfying roads to ride in a given region. So far, the company has maps covering paved roads in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, the Texas Hill Country, and Southern California. The selected roads are given a rating from 1 to 3, with 1 being the most sublime.

For dual sport riders, Butler is working with a group called Backcountry Discovery Routes. http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/blog/ There are Backcountry Discovery Route maps for Washington state and Utah, with Colorado coming next year. Here's an 8 minute video that describes the Utah route. (The soundtrack is uninspired, in my view.)

The company web site has more information http://www.butlermaps.com
    Butler also has a presence on ADV http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717

Nice..

I'm going to check out their site.

Heading to Moab next month with a bunch of KLR's for a week of camping and riding.

I have both the UT & WA BDRs plus DVDS. WARNING: Don't buy them unless you have hours of time available to dream and plan your escape! The routes described are magical. Having now been on portions of each, I can assure you that both are well worth the time and effort (lots of effort!) to follow and explore. Sadly, I won't be able to complete either by bike; growing older can be a ***** sometimes. But I am building up my 4Runner to complete both at a very leisurely pace. Hope to meet you on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
    I have both the UT & WA BDRs plus DVDS. WARNING: Don't buy them unless you have hours of time available to dream and plan your escape! The routes described are magical. Having now been on portions of each, I can assure you that both are well worth the time and effort (lots of effort!) to follow and explore. Sadly, I won't be able to complete either by bike; growing older can be a ***** sometimes. But I am building up my 4Runner to complete both at a very leisurely pace. Hope to meet you on the trail.
    Hey Brother,good to see ya on here ( Nortwestrider here ).
    Just bought the WABDR map and DVD for our upcoming trip next July.The Butler map is the best map I have ever seen.AWSOME quality and detail !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

Just used a set of Butler maps for a 5200 mile moto trip from Houston to Colorado, Wyoming and Montana and back. Absolutely riveting reading, plus I also bought the Motorcycling Colorado and Motorcycling Montana books...both excellent reads and great references while on the trip. Well worth the investment...
    Paul R
    2006 RR Sport 170K miles of fun!!!
    2008 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 Sport Touring Bike
    Houston Land Rover Club