Mobiba Tents

Nikson

Explorer
Getting a feeler for folks opinions on a new product that we would like to start distributing in US market.

I'm attaching pictures of the model that I've been extensively testing over past few months (MB-104 to be specific).
At this point I can only say that I'm very happy with everything, and really nothing major that I would consider redoing,
other than that I wish I would have gotten a larger size model for my own personal use.

Mobiba is a company from Russia, vision which started at first as a mobile sauna tents,
or as in russian "banya", thus the name of the brand from "Mobile Banya" (Mobiba).

Tents are floorless, just walls & frame. Depending on the model, sizes vary from 6x6ft to 7x18ft, with rainflys & wood burning stoves.

Not to get into too much detail from the start, but those who are interested, I'm sure you can find a lot more info from Google search on various models available.

Mobiba-11.jpg

Mobiba-14.jpg

Mobiba-15.jpg

Mobiba-16.jpg

Mobiba-18.jpg

Mobiba-24.jpg

On the following pictures you can see that even in some of the harsh winter conditions, these tents work great.

Mobiba-31.jpg

3 day ice fishing trip couldn't have been better in any other way.
Wood burning stove that comes in the set, provide heat & can be used as cook top if necessary.

Mobiba-33.jpg

On the day that we had blizzard like conditions, tent held up just fine, stove kept the tent warm enough without having to put up a rainfly for extra heat conservation.

Mobiba-35.jpg

Russians do like sauna, as some of you might already know, so these pictures are for real... in real ice cold water
(btw, no one drowned :snorkel: or got sick :exclaim:)

Mobiba-38.jpg

and a short video to complete this post...

loren85022

Explorer
My only comment is the door seems odd for hauling stuff in/out. Example being the stove.

Sent from my iToaster

EdwardBernal

Adventurer
Looks like a modernistic canvas wall tent - with the same capabilities - i.e. wood-stove-able. Looks like its easy to assemble - is it?
What do you think it would retail for here in the states?

Nikson

Explorer
My only comment is the door seems odd for hauling stuff in/out. Example being the stove.

The door has a string, and a patented "locking" system, which prevents it from opening in windy situations,
rain gutter style keeps the water out as well.

Didnt have much of an issue getting things in/out of the tent, after all, it dont have a floor, so in worst/best case scenario, you can always put the tent over the stuff that you've arranged to be inside of it.

:) :) :)

Nikson

Explorer
Looks like a modernistic canvas wall tent - with the same capabilities - i.e. wood-stove-able. Looks like its easy to assemble - is it?
What do you think it would retail for here in the states?

I've assembled the MB-104 by myself in less than 20 minutes without much of a hurry... pretty basic without any confusion, since all of the stick/rods, etc, are made to go only in one place (and color coded)

MB-104 will retail at about $1400 (including stove & rain fly)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles