Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot water shower quick connects, what are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by sethro80 View Post
    Source for those QD's? They appear to be stainless steel.
    2001 Tacoma Extended Cab, 3RZ, AT, SAC, 5.29 gears, ARB FR/RR locker, and a few other mods... Build thread, Post #33
    AMERICAN ADVENTURIST ON FACEBOOK
    Adventures in and out of your Overlanding Rig... American Adventurist

I use stainless QDs for homebrewing... Most homebrew shops and suppliers offer them.
    - Dave
    Website and blog at BRnav.com.
    FZJ80 and TJ Sahara. N6XE. SAR.

I have a question for those who use their showers with a 1/4" QD. The hose that is used is usually 3/8", do the 1/4" QD affect the flow in a noticable way? Hopefully, I'm about to get the shower setup Kurt provides....wondering. 3/8" QDs are of course larger and not as common but it seems they would not affect the flow.
    JK 2dr rubi Garage
    2000 F350 CC LWB 7.3 4x4
    2003 F550 6.0 4x4
    2006 R1
    1999 35' 5th wheel RV

Quote Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
    I have a question for those who use their showers with a 1/4" QD. The hose that is used is usually 3/8", do the 1/4" QD affect the flow in a noticable way? Hopefully, I'm about to get the shower setup Kurt provides....wondering. 3/8" QDs are of course larger and not as common but it seems they would not affect the flow.
    I've not noticed any flow issues in my personal setup or the many we've done with QD's. Maybe with extremely long lead lengths the head loss combined with QD restrictions but nothing I see as a compelling issue.
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook
    ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
    kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

Bringing up an older post...is there any reason why you couldn't use air QD's?

Also, do you guys use this for drinking water at all?

I used industrial T fittings they have a larger flow path in them than the standard M type QD's. These are made for air line, if it holds air it'll hold water. I don't use mine for drinking water personally.

Thanks for starting this thread... Getting ready to start my shower.... Just need to figure out the plumbing

Quote Originally Posted by caslim View Post
    Bringing up an older post...is there any reason why you couldn't use air QD's?

Also, do you guys use this for drinking water at all?
    i first tried air lines that were advertised as brass, turns out some of the internals were steel and rusted up quite a bit, clogging the system.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it was the most relevant to my need, and I wanted to get y'alls input.

I use these same quick connects, and I'm wondering what you guys are using as covers to keep the mud and dirt out while driving down the road?

img9398.jpg

img9418j.jpg
    Chris
    1989 GMC Jimmy - adventure truck: HAM radio, dual batts, Helton shower, winch, ARB fridge
    2005 GMC Yukon - daily driver: HAM radio

What about cutting the fingers out of a latex glove and pulling them over the fitting? Or use two of the male connector ends and epoxy them closed to use as caps. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast