Hot water shower quick connects, what are you guys using?

I used industrial T fittings they have a larger flow path in them than the standard M type QD's. These are made for air line, if it holds air it'll hold water. I don't use mine for drinking water personally.

calfj60

Thanks for starting this thread... Getting ready to start my shower.... Just need to figure out the plumbing

theksmith

Explorer
Bringing up an older post...is there any reason why you couldn't use air QD's?

Also, do you guys use this for drinking water at all?

i first tried air lines that were advertised as brass, turns out some of the internals were steel and rusted up quite a bit, clogging the system.

clandr1

Adventurer
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but it was the most relevant to my need, and I wanted to get y'alls input.

I use these same quick connects, and I'm wondering what you guys are using as covers to keep the mud and dirt out while driving down the road?

img9398.jpg

img9418j.jpg

rocrunr

Adventurer
What about cutting the fingers out of a latex glove and pulling them over the fitting? Or use two of the male connector ends and epoxy them closed to use as caps. Just a thought.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I've seen two people that bought rubber covers for them, but have no idea where they found them. I'll check into it.

basicfish

Observer
QD for shower

for ones that wont rust and will hold up well, look at pressure washer quick disconnects, use the 3/8" all brass ones. I bought mine at Northern Tool, but the Home Depot in my area Houston, carries them. use the 4000psi ones.

all quick disconnects do not flow the same rate. when I worked for the USAF we burned up a bunch of really expensive klystron amplifiers because the connects that someone had used did not have the Flow needed to cool them. it cost uncle sam about a quarter million before we figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles