Booster seats

College Kid

Adventurer
My son is just about to out grow his child seat. Just wondering what you guys are using?

I need something that he can still fall asleep in comfortably. We often are on the road for 8 to 10 hours at a time. He is an amazing overlander and loves road trips. I want to keep it that way and I think a key part of that is that he can drift off any time he likes.

Ideas?

Honu

lost on the mainland
recaro booster for our 7 year old
she likes it and picked it out of the ones I liked/picked first for safety reasons :)

College Kid

Adventurer
He is five, weights around 40lbs. Height is just under 4 feet. We overland in a land Rover disco 2, he rides behind me on the drivers side.

Honu

lost on the mainland
one thing some places like best buy baby have good prices and you can go bring them out to your car and try them in your car which is really nice to see how they really fit :) I would think there are stores like that up North :)

and when the kids are in etc.. amazing how some really put the kids in dif positions such as leaning back more or forward more or push them forward more causing less leg room etc..
hitting the head rest funny etc..

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Sorry, HE. Some belt positioning boosters have larger head bolsters and have removable backs. Using just the bottom may be handy when he gets older but right before he turns 8. That might save you from having to buy another booster before he doesnt need it anymore.

chiefer

We have 2 girls and both use the recaro booster. They don't fight about sitting in them, and they have a back and are able to fall asleep in them. They work great. We have one vivo and one vivo lite I think it is called. The vivo has more a velour type material, where the light is lighter weight material. Without a doubt the only way we would go if we had more kids. They have been great seats.

College Kid

Adventurer
Thanks for all the thoughts,

Bad news thou, Recaro booster seats aren't aloud up here in Canada. I have done a ton of research and it looks like there is no legal way to get one up here. No real reason why either.

So with that in mind does anyone have any other ideas?

Honu

lost on the mainland
I think ya have to find a place that has some in stock bring your kids in let them sit ;) I know one of them my girl tried she hated !!!
forgot the make but its that one with the famous designer monkey on one of the covers ?
nice booster my girl just thought it was to hard ?

so I would also say narrow down a few you like from reviews that seem safe then let the kid pick :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles