Thread: Safari Snorkels

Default Safari Snorkels

So does anybody have any advice on making the internal plumbing work on 1st Gen X with the Safari Snorkel? I've already got the holes drilled but now I'm trying to figure out the best solution and looking for suggestions. Thanks!

I went to Autozone They have a section for CAI's they sell some 3" piping that will link it to the Stocl air box.. I think its 9 or 20 dollars
    2000 Xterra, 33 10.50 15 BFG KM2, Cragar Soft 8's, Cobra CB, 2"Body lift, 3" SL, RLCweldfab Front bumper, Custom B&M Rear Bumper, B&M lightbars roof basket Straight axel swap in the works
    2009 Xterra mods to come 2" Nisstec Lifts SL BFG KO 285 75 16R InSAIN Fab tire carrier Heps designs roof basket

I checked into that but they didn't quite find what I needed. I ended up doing some major trimming to the inner clip and got one of these to complete the intake.

06d2a870-c04f-4dc5-905e-d644d51ea7ec_400.jpg

Nice idea
    2000 Xterra, 33 10.50 15 BFG KM2, Cragar Soft 8's, Cobra CB, 2"Body lift, 3" SL, RLCweldfab Front bumper, Custom B&M Rear Bumper, B&M lightbars roof basket Straight axel swap in the works
    2009 Xterra mods to come 2" Nisstec Lifts SL BFG KO 285 75 16R InSAIN Fab tire carrier Heps designs roof basket

That must be how you get a square peg into a round hole.
    '05 Nissan Frontier Build Thread

'08 Nissan Xterra Build Thread

'09 Suzuki V Strom DL650 Build Thread

You can read all the stories and watch all the videos you want, but there's no substitute for just getting out there and doing it.

Try Lowes or HomeDepot in the plumbing dept. There are different sized rubber boot/fittings to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalDefender View Post
    That must be how you get a square peg into a round hole.
    I thought of that exact line when I saw it in the store. Then I though....Heat Gun!

Quote Originally Posted by kai38 View Post
    Try Lowes or HomeDepot in the plumbing dept. There are different sized rubber boot/fittings to try out.
    I actually used the rubber fittings and hose clamps to weatherproof the connector above.

Here are a few pictures....

I did the baffle bypass too.

I still need to attach the snorkel at the windshield and reinstall the splash guard.