Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Subaru XV

Default The New Subaru XV

http://subaru.com.au/newxv

This thing definately has me intrigued.
    Decent ground clearance. Decent gas mileage.
    Im usually a Jeeper but their inability to provide gas mileage much higher than 20mpg means that I can barely afford to get out of Texas...and has me shopping around. Sadly I 'm not "wheelin" like I want so the huge lifts, tires, and mods are being traded in for backpacks and mountain bikes. Im settling for a "just get me there" vehicle now and let the legs do the exploring.

Love to hear some thoughts on this guy, even if you think it looks like a mini van with a budget boost lift!

Jeremy

I think it looks to be a great rig. Did you manage to see MPG estimates?

Im also glad to see than Subaru has FINALLY come to their senses and have started to drop the 2.5L in many of the 2013 offerings.

Seems like a cool ride
    Is it in the US also ?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    my Snow Peak Reviews & Tweaks

It's like a mini outback... love it! change the tires and wheels, add a little height bump and you're set while still getting close to 30mpg.
    2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i
    Primitive Spacers (.75" front 1" rear)
    Primitive Full Armor Skid Plates
    Hankook Dynapro ATM

haven is offline Expedition Portal Moderator Expedition Leader
    The XV is a mostly cosmetic variation of the Impreza 2.0L Hatchback. In USA, it will be called the XV Crosstrek. I think you could achieve the same results with the Hatchback for less money, particularly since all Crosstreks will have an upmarket interior.

The Forester has more storage space and more power, but it still uses that lame 4 speed auto transmission, and gets fewer mpg than the new Impreza does.

I like the look. Having driven the 2012 Impreza, which was quite good, I'm looking forward to this.

- Andy

Yep, updated Impreza Outback. Still no low range, and they took our full size spare!
    My lack of articulation is apparent in my suspension as well as my diction.

Haboob happens

'12 Unlimited Sport w/ poverty pack
    '13 Fiat Cinquecento
    Wenonah Kingfisher

Quote Originally Posted by IdaSHO View Post
    Im also glad to see than Subaru has FINALLY come to their senses and have started to drop the 2.5L in many of the 2013 offerings.
    Many? they switched to the 2.0 on the Impreza. They make 4 cars. What do you have against the 2.5?

To date the 2.5 4-cylinder is by far the most problematic engine Subaru has EVER produced. Even after many revisions, it still has known problems.
    And knowing what I know about Subarus, I wouldnt touch one with a 2.5L, of any vintage.

Looking at the 2013 line, the Forester is the ONLY Subrau offering that you HAVE to have a 2.5L in.

Impreza, Legacy, Outback, and Tribeca can all be had without the 2.5

Impreza gets the 2.0L

The rest can be had with the 3.6L flat 6.

Both of which are much more reliably plants.

Not to get too far from the XV which does look nifty, but what are the reliability issues with the 2.5s? I'd like to know what to look for as we have a 2006 Outback about to hit 110,000 miles that hasn't had a problem yet. Replaced the timing belt at about 100K per instructions and that has been the only major maintenance required thus far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast