How to lift flippac lid???

aventurero

Hi , Some how, lucky for me I found the hinge part that I need to get my Fippac back in operation. So, does anyone out there have ideas how one goes about lifting the lid? IE w/ scaffolding, a sky track, ladders, ropes, hoists, whatever? And, some ideas of how to attach ropes, webbing, whatever to lift the lid in a vertical position and supporting the lid while the hinge is replaced? Yes, I looked at some other posts about doing this, however, there doesn't seem to be anything regarding how to attach rope, etc to the lid. Ideas? Anyone?
Cheers

I seem to recall someone in a similar situation just getting inside and pushing it up and over. It would be good to have someone to help slow the descent on the outside.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I seem to recall someone in a similar situation just getting inside and pushing it up and over. It would be good to have someone to help slow the descent on the outside.

This will work to get it at 90 degrees for a T-bar replacement or changing the hinge hardware in general.

Tie off at where the latches are to "suspend" it in place so you can R&R the torsion bar. It's not that hard, best done with 2-3 guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles