Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross Country In a Jeep... Sore back will certainly follow!

Thanks for coming along! Hope the pictures can give a small sense of what I saw with my own eyes.

I love how it's a plain jeep, the way it was intended. As much as I love the built jeeps, it's nice to see one like I had do a fun trip.

Must be nice to get a free Jeep! Great pictures!

How long did it take you to do the drive? 3 days or so?

good stuff!

how are you liking your new vehicle?
    Matt
    4xFish

Tsk, tsk. It had been that long since you visited the parents that they thought to bribe you with a free Jeep to get you to come visit?
    Whatever works, I guess.

Anyway, sounds and looks like a neat trip. Thanks for the share! That truly is beautiful country.
    08 Inferno Orange Z71 Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 I5, no lift
    Winch, skidplates, Century Truck Cap and a Little Guy on the rear hitch
    Our travels blog at Happy-Tracks.com
    MAFWDA & United Four Wheel Drive Associations

Default CONFESSION

Ok. I must confess. I wanted to accomplish two things with this report. First, I wanted to show everyone that a great adventure is ALWAYS on the horizon, and if you are ready for it you can capitalize on every opportunity, even if it is just a wing it and love it venture! In the end it is really about a new experience. I am sure many of us know that planning out a long journey, where logistics are challenging and require reasearch and preparation over a considerable timeframe, can itself be more of an adventure than the trip. Often I have found planning an epic trip to be a fulfilling substitute when I am unable to actually MAKE a journey! However, I have also realized that even a day trip where the destination may be a small creek less than 20 miles from home can be a whole new experience! How often do we research the history of our own back yard? How many very cool things do we overlook as we run about in the daily grind of our everyday life? Yet, we set our site upon far off lands and unfamilliar cultures in hope of experiencing something NEW and exciting! An even greater tragedy is our tendency to rule out the possibility that we can experience and enjoy great things with minimal time available. We have been programed to think that it makes no sence at all to drive 500 miles to see the ocean if we are only going to be able to feel the seabreeez upon our face for a few minutes before beginning out 10 hour drive back to reality. SO...
    I MADE THIS JOURNEY IN JUST 40 HOURS...INCLUDING THE TIME FOR A BRIEF NAP!!!
    DSCF5602.jpg

The Second reason I made this report was to show my beautiful wife that I DO find adventure...and excitement in those fleeting moments of a Saturday afternoon drive. This is to bear witness that I dont need to make an epic Overland Journey to be able to see beauty and to want to be able to share it with a community of adventure lovers. I just need to be ready when adventure presents istself, and I need to savor even those "small" moments!
    In this attempt I hope that I have accomplished both tasks, at least to some measurable degree which will impact anyone who would take the time to read. I do love to plan and prep and dream and hope for that epic Overland Journey which will enrich my life with amazing new experiences and in some almost supernatural sense impart some profound wisdom upon me which will impact my life forever! But...I think I will be robbing myself of great blessings if I overlook all of these small short lived gems that life affords me. How "epic" can an epic adventure really be if we dont learn how to enjoy and appreciate those little gems?
    I just encourage...everyone, to grab your camera, take it with you every day. Take the time to research the areas arround you and find the hidden treasure. ALWAYS be ready for something BIG to happen, and be thankful you were there to enjoy it. And last, I encourage people to share! Some guy in New York may see the pictures of your Arizona sunset, and just marvel. Your pictures and account of an afternoon spent driving out to that bayou a mile from your house may be the inspration for some Silicon Valley magnate to fund an expedition into the Cango which in turn leads to the discovery of a cure fore cancer! Just saying.
    I leave you with this thought. The closest I have been able to observe an Americam Bald Eagle in flight was a mere 50 miles outside of Kansas City MO. ! It was litterally less than 100 feet from the highway flying parallel to me as I drove. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Judoka; 04-17-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Oh, yes! I do love the Jeep! I had one once and have missed it every day since I got rid of it. I started building her with a purpose in mind, and before too long I ended up with a rock crawling monster that would be illegal to drive on public streets in most states. These little goats are quite capable of taking any reasonably skilled driver about anywhere right out of the box. Although I will build this one out a bit, she will never lose here ability to stroll through downtown with class.
    Last edited by Judoka; 04-17-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12