CAMPTEQ's 80 Series Land Cruiser pop top Prototype

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Eric is still around-
Spent some time with him down on the beaches of Mexico a couple of month back. Now surfing the west coast for the summer living the dream...

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpg
    IMG_2061.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 102

mervo

Observer
I'd consider purchasing an 80 if I knew Eric or someone was continuing to build these campers.

thecriscokid

Explorer
I’m still around…I have now logged 100,000 miles in my Land Cruiser and probably well over 700 nights spent sleeping in my pop top since 2012 when I set out to make myself a pop top Land Cruiser. Mostly drifting between Colorado and California throughout the last couple years, I am now living and working in Santa Barbara, CA.
Like many drifting travelers, I have not always taken the easy road, nor have I ever had a large budget, often working odd jobs for friends to keep going.
In the beginning I had high hopes of Campteq becoming a profitable company, paying travel costs and having the ability to grow. I invested over 10k out of pocket, not including months of work to get the 1st prototype complete and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have had some life changing experiences in the last 100k miles of my life. I have also saved well over $20,000 in overnight camping expenses by driving a 4WD Land Cruiser and avoiding campgrounds and and hotels.
As for the demise of Campteq…Well, I was told that I could no longer communicate about my project on forums where others pay money to advertise their business without a large investment that I was unable to meet. Soo…I stopped posting and went “camping”

As for the future of Campteq…There is talk…

Yours truly,
:sombrero:
TheCriscoKid
IMG_3960.jpg

mervo

Observer
I have had some life changing experiences in the last 100k miles of my life. I have also saved well over $20,000 in overnight camping expenses by driving a 4WD Land Cruiser and avoiding campgrounds and and hotels.
As for the demise of Campteq…Well, I was told that I could no longer communicate about my project on forums where others pay money to advertise their business without a large investment that I was unable to meet. Soo…I stopped posting and went “camping”

As for the future of Campteq…There is talk…

Yours truly,
:sombrero:
TheCriscoKid
View attachment 298791

CriscoKid,

If you're serious about wanting to talk about Campteq on this forum PM me. I'm sure a few of us might be willing to pay some Ad expense just to hear where things are, I know I would.

And if you're thinking of talking with others regarding the future of Campteq, you REALLY should PM me. I'm always interested in the next adventure investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles