Quick Trip from Georgia to Queretaro, Mexico

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Not the usual, leisurely adventure trip, but an overland experience none the less. My wife will have to stay in Queretaro for work for about 4 months. So, we decided that I will be driving her car down to her. She really likes her car and it's a kind of a waste paying lease on it and having it sit here when she could enjoy it instead. Schedule will be a kinda rush: 2 days to get there, 2 days with her in QRO and then catching a plane back to the US. Should be fun never the less :cool:. I think my Jeep is a kinda jealous having to stay home while the Nissan gets to go :elkgrin:

Let's see of I manage to take some pics on the way and can post them here.

Any suggestions, tips and comments are welcome. It's not the first time I will take a vehicle across the US-Mexican boarder, but the first time I take our vehicle that far south instead of renting a vehicle locally.

toymaster

Explorer
Double check your lease agreement. Last time, the only time, years ago, I leased a vic it was stated it could not be taken out of the country except for Canada. She may be taking the jeep.

edit: ever heard of Esom Hill, GA? Little west of Cedartown. Born and raised there. My first tech college was Coosa Valley Tech.

rjcj-8

Adventurer
I'm familiar with Esom Hill, GA and certain reputations for parts of the area.
Coosa Valley Tech is now Georgia Northwestern Technical College.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
You can park the JK over at my house. :)

Thanks for the offer; my boys already volunteered that they will take care of her :elkgrin:

Double check your lease agreement. Last time, the only time, years ago, I leased a vic it was stated it could not be taken out of the country except for Canada.
Yes, I have to look at the lease agreement; Mexico actually requires that you have a copy of your lease agreement with you.

crossbowme

I have thought about going to Mexico but am concerned about the State Department warnings on hostage taking, gangs, etc. Will this type thing affect your travels/

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I have been extremely busy since my return from Mexico. Hope to find time to make a write up shortly.

In short: Even though it was mainly a mad dash over interstates, I truly enjoyed the trip, being back on the open road instead of crammed in an airplane (writing this from an airline lounge waiting to board a plane to Shanghai). All went very well, no issues what so ever.

More to follow ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles