Anyone own a AutoHome Columbus ins So. Cal????

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
I'm very interested in purchasing an AutoHouse Columbus Roof Tent, I have heard some good things about their off road toughness and the easy of the setup, however, it appears the nearest one I can look at is in Northern California. I'm concerned with height room and the interior length.

http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/carbon.php

I'm even willing to pay a small fee to see one set up and check out the interior.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Zigzagn

I'm very interested in purchasing an AutoHouse Columbus Roof Tent, I have heard some good things about their off road toughness and the easy of the setup, however, it appears the nearest one I can look at is in Northern California. I'm concerned with height room and the interior length.

http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/carbon.php

I'm even willing to pay a small fee to see one set up and check out the interior.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

I have the medium Variant model, not carbon fibre and a bit north of you lol but would be glad to take some measurements if that would help, let me know what you need
Barry in the Great White North

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
WOW, we're talk'n way north!

Sorry, I won't be able to drop by in the near future but hey, maybe you could help out. All of these models regardless on how wide they are list a max. height of 59 inches. My question is where is that measurement, in the corner of the triangle??? Realistically, let's say over the center of the side zipper door, what is the height there?

Thanks a bunch..........is spring arrived there yet?

Fred
Explorer 1

Zigzagn

From the Great White north

I really like my Columbus. It is tall enough to sit up in and to get dressed in,in the morning
Hope this helps:
Barry
FJ Dimensions.jpg

Zigzagn

Hey Fred
No regrets. I also bought the winter cover that attaches really quickly with velcro and you can leave it on and it folds in with the tent. I was out this winter at -16c always wanted to do it, so I can say I did it, once! I think the winter cover also works to reflect some of the summer heat, whatever that is lol

I really didn't like the ladder that much-good quality and all but went with the GOBI ladder attached to the rear door of my FJ, a lot easier to get in and out and leaves a bit more room in the tent for storage. Maybe I was doing something wrong but with the pillows, sleeping bag and ladder inside the RTT, it was somewhat difficult to close.
The medium size will come with 3 small pillows but I didn't find them that comfortable, the mattress however is very comfortable.

The tent goes up in 30 seconds or less and about 1 min to close, can't get much better than that. I found the mag line seemed almost costrifobic, the columbia seems more tree house like and I really like the 3 sided access

Let me know if I can do anything else for you
Take care
Barry

beachmike58

Oceanside

I Have a Columbus small, in Oceanside. Welcome to take a look, we love it . Plenty of room to sit in, relax....we switch between trailer/ roof top. Very easy to move w/ two persons.

Zigzagn

Could you please tell me how you mounted the solar panel on your RTT? i am thinking of doing something similar
Thank You
Barry
I Have a Columbus small, in Oceanside. Welcome to take a look, we love it . Plenty of room to sit in, relax....we switch between trailer/ roof top. Very easy to move w/ two persons.

Explorer 1

Explorer 1

Thanks Mike!

Your willingness to let me take a close look really helped me make the decision, now to order it and wait!

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Thanks again,

Fred
Explorer 1

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Fred -

Shouldn't be much of a wait - we have them in stock. Are you going to Expo?

Great! Have you the Small Columbus Carbon Fiber? Not planning on going to Expo, but if I get a discount and can pick it up there, I'll change my plans!

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
We have a Columbus CF small in stock. If you buy now, I can get it to Expo and save you crating and delivery charges. Let me know.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles