Votes: 10 55.6%
  • New XRC8/10

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Can of tactical bacon. :)

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
What's the going rate for a used one in pretty good shape? I've got one here being sold for between $300-400.00

Would y'all buy one of these rather than a smittybilt XRC8 or XRC10?

If both were sitting in front of you, which would you chose?

java

Expedition Leader
I'd say on the 300 end would be pretty common. Found mine for $50 with no solenoids, but that was a happen to stumble upon deal. Been happy with it, but iirc the smitty's use a non starter solenoid system which is a plus to me.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I'd say on the 300 end would be pretty common. Found mine for $50 with no solenoids, but that was a happen to stumble upon deal. Been happy with it, but iirc the smitty's use a non starter solenoid system which is a plus to me.

That's one point I'm considering, as is the series wound motor that is an upgrade to what it initially came out with.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I've owned the XRC8 before, and know it to be a quality unit, but the only customer service I'm going to get is through 4wparts or Smittybilt, which doesn't inspire too much confidence, whereas with the WARN I'll have a very strong support network of parts and people, which will likely come in handy as this winch seems cared for, but well used.

hmmm...

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Hah, well it can be rough down here. I rather have it and not need it if theres a sale at macy's. :)

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
I just got the smittybilt xrc10 myself. Heard great thing about SB's, and the price was good. 400 for a new 10k winch, compared to 600 or more for some warn 8 or 9k's i've seen. Havent gotten to use it yet, tho.

wADVr

Adventurer
I'm sure whichever dirrection you went is good but I must say my m8k has been a great winch for the 10 years and countless 'situations' I have gotten myself into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior