Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Gasoline Safe Fuel Bottles

I prerun for the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 on my dirt bike. I used small gatorade bottles for many years with no problems, and I would carry them in a backpack.

Love 'em!
    BMW R1200GS Hacked
    Pleasure Way TS as Base Camp Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by jgolden View Post
    I prerun for the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 on my dirt bike. I used small gatorade bottles for many years with no problems, and I would carry them in a backpack.

Yerrrp, Gatorade bottles work just fine...and are dirt cheap...so cheap, I dump that nasty swill on the ground before I pour gas in...

Mountain dew bottles ftw, carry them in my saddle bags on my moped. I can go to Spokane from Tacoma with just what I can fit in my saddle bags.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

I've been using some MSR/Primus bottles, but they sure don't hold much gas. Only time I've used one was to give to another rider and it only got him a few more miles. Pouring them into the gas tank gets a little dicey too.

I also carry a super siphon to share gas or get gas from someone else.

If you are willing to buy some nasty vodka (In all fairness, I dont care for it, But I digress,,,)
    KRU-82 Vodka comes in stainless bottles what are much like SIGG, Primus, etc.
    Their website claims they sell a variety of sizes up to 1.75L ( I never seen them, I only have a collection of their .75L)
    They would work for gasoline/diesel. Their cap threads are similar but I dont know if they are a match to a SIGG for example.

Btw, their tiny 300ml bottles look good hanging on a christmastree !

Another vote for primus fuel bottles, i've a pair of 1.5L.

I haven't contributed to this site in quite some time, but I plan on using the bottles from the pre-mixed ethanol free fuel I use for my chainsaws. You should be able to find Tru-fuel or Stihl somewhere nearby and the bottles work quite well for storing gasoline. It's almost like they were made for it! The bottles are typically $6-8 and even come with a quart of free fuel inside.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/oil...-fuel/motomix/
    So many an unsung wanderer fought his last and died under the cold fire of the aurora, as did his brothers in burning sands and reeking jungles, and as they shall continue to do till the fulness of time the destiny of their race be achieved. -Jack London

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12