Marine or Auto Battery?

Spargman

Adventurer
Supposedly the Die Hard Platinums have a design flaw in their side terminals....they are prone to breaking internally and then the battery is garbage.

With that in mind, I was thinking of purchasing the marine version (x1 for my truck, x1 for the trailer) as they have dual posts...but all on top of the battery.

Any reason this would not be a good idea??

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850134000P?mv=rr

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There are two type of Marine batteries. On is a dual purpose starting and deep cycle and the other is just a deep cycle. I looked at ythe spec and you battery is a deep cycle/starting battery. You should be good to go.

Spargman

Adventurer
There are two type of Marine batteries. On is a dual purpose starting and deep cycle and the other is just a deep cycle. I looked at ythe spec and you battery is a deep cycle/starting battery. You should be good to go.

thanks mep!

dstock

Explorer
It appears there is a 1 year difference in warranties between the Auto and Marine Diehard Platinum, the auto being 4 years and marine 3 years.

Fastlane

It appears there is a 1 year difference in warranties between the Auto and Marine Diehard Platinum, the auto being 4 years and marine 3 years.

I was going to make exactly that point. The group 31 marine Die Hard Platinum is a very cool battery and hard to beat. However, the group 65 battery offers similar specs with one extra year of free replacement. I would go that route.

Chuy

I went with dual die hard 31M batteries. They work great and the extra top posts are a major plus when connecting all of the accessories I have. I went with the 31M over Optima because they had a higher reserve capacity. I have had them for about a year now with zero problems and its my DD. I also run a 50qt ARB fridge full time in the back and a decent aftermarket stereo system with subwoofer all of the time. When I first bought my cruiser I had a regular die hard platinum in it. After the first time it went low it ever held the same charge level again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke