Electric + Manual water pump

Spargman

Adventurer
I've gone through numerous threads and found some great ideas...but I'm keeping mine really simply.

I just purchase an Eccontemp and i'd like to run a water pump directly from my Jerry cans to it...any recommended 12v for it?

I'm also looking for a manual pump i can throw in the can to retrieve water w/o a power source.

Thanks!

kilimats

Observer
I've own countless portable charger in the past, none have exceeded my expectation like this little guy did (it even charger my power hungry laptop for an extra 2 hours!!!): http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-XP18000-Universal-External-Netbooks/dp/B002K8M9HC

It will give you many voltage including 12v of course

71HZEoUttfL._AA1500_.jpg

Spargman

Adventurer
Thanks kilimats - but I'm looking for an electric water pump to drop into my jerry cans :)

I prefer one i can wire directly to a battery...but also a manual pump as well.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Look into RV type on demand pumps. You can wire them through a switch to turn the pump on and off or use them in the automatic function with a spigot or hose on/off valve and let them come on when they sense a drop in pressure. They are kinda pricey starting at around $40 and up and bulky but they will are self priming and reliable. You can find cheaper pumps that will do the same thing but they aren't made of food grade components. There are smaller potable water pumps available but they won't auto prime so they always need to be mounted below water level.
Darrell

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
I have the ecotemp as well, and bought a washdown kit from WestMarine. Had pretty much everything I needed...

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...toreNum=50632&subdeptNum=50661&classNum=50662

I added some quick-connect hose fittings to the pump and the ecotemp, and it's pretty easy to get set up.

I can feed cold water from a creek and have it warm enough for a shower in one pass w/the ecotemp...other than the fact it's pretty big (pain to store), it's a great unit for $100...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94