SOLD - -1989 F62 in SLC, Utah

czenkov

Adventurer
SOLD. Time to admit it...I am a Land Rover guy:beer:. Always wanted a 60 series so picked this 62 up in 2011(September IIRC). The girlfriend likes to camp in vehicles and the D90 is a little short for that. So it looks like a RRC or a 110 is in my future. Anyway, I digress.

I bought this 62 from the second owner in Idaho, he had owned it about a year. Prior to that the original owner and Air Force Full Bird Colonel (Go Air Force!) had used it to travel to his base and when he retired the 62 ended up in Bear Lake Utah. The Colonel passed away and his widow sold it on. From there it went to Rexburg Idaho. I bought it and promptly drove it home with no issue.

1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62. Built 4/89 White with red stripe and grey interior. All windows work albeit kind of slowly. A/C blows cold and heater works fine. Dash is perfect! Unless listed in "bad" section everything works as it should. the tires have less than 2K miles. I bought it with 284,XXX It has 286K and change on the odometer now. My plans were to have Proffitt's install a 12HT with an automatic transmission with Aussie valve body and torque converter so mileage was not an issue. Also, with this build I was going for what these should have been from the factory. I am a very particular vehicle owner and my friends will confirm that for you. I have tried to include every picture possible (118 in total) but if there is something I missed let me know. If there is something below that seems odd ask a question and I will try to clarify. The truck is located in Salt Lake City Utah. Easy fly in, check it out, buy it and drive it out to Proffitt's in Tooele Utah for the conversion of your choice. Heck I will even take you back to the airport!
Price is now $6900.00 USD OBO - The price is negotiable, however, reasonable offers only please.

Work done:
Oil Pan gasket, valve cover gasket, valves adjusted, horn button switch, e-brake adjustment, tuneup including plugs/wires/rotor/cap, fuel injection cleaned, PCV valve and Grommett; All done by Toyota Certified Mechanic of many years.
Front end rebuild, new front calipers and pads, brake hoses. Toyota guy in Heber Utah.
New Tie rods - Toyota OEM.
Toyota Full Float Rear purchased from Proffitt's Cruisers. While we were in there we rebuilt the rear end (gaskets and bearings etc.) and installed 30 spline Chrome Moly Axle shafts from J.T.'s PArts and accessories - unfortunately I did not paint the ends prior to install. The diff is from the semi-float we took out.
Detailed by Advanced Detail Hand washed exterior, degreased and dressed engine (for gasket replacement needs), buff polish paint and hand wax, shampood carpets and upholstery, cleaned seats, etc. etc. It was the Gold Package if you want to google the vendor.
70 Series Steel Wheels for the 60 series.
BFG 235/85/R16's
OME medium springs with grease-able bushings and shocks.
Replaced most if not all vacuum lines.
I am sure I am forgetting something but will add as necessary.

Bad:
Rear defrost doesn't work and I don't believe the window washer does either...the wiper does though.
Drivers seat is bad as usual. Although I am having 1993 4Runner seats recovered for installation and are included. The fabric (grey) won't match and the vinyl will be a little darker. No pics yet.
On occasion the "check engine" light will come on. Turn off the 62 and it does not come back on. This is rare that this happens. I have not tried to run the codes.
Runs rough and I think the transmission needs adjustment. No code check. Others have driven it and think it is fine.
Transmission does leak some fluid.
Engine doesn't seem to leak oil after the gasket replacements.
Windshield has one ding in front of driver - passed safety like this.
Exhaust leak - have not chased it down.

BTW, as you can see this has the sexy stripes, but I did not artificially inflate the price because of it. LOL! This is also posted on IH8Mud and KSL.
Questions and picture requests PM or email at apetruczATMSNDOTCOM or call 8OH1-8ONE5-99Five9
https://picasaweb.google.com/108120709113354283994/April152012?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6rjMzymq6NaQ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier