Guy Wires?

scrubber3

Not really here
Guy Wires? Yeah, I played with that dude. He is awesome on the bass...
LOL, I think he meant GUIDE wires. Must have heard it wrong.

So Tango, when are we putting some on your rig? I know you have the schematics set up for some of those high speed laser powered ones.....

Box Rocket

Hey! I use mine for rising limbs. I am the 1 percent that needs them. Surely most people don't use them but for my neck of the woods they come in very handy especially if you like your windshield wipers. They also keep my lights from getting messed up. To me they are worth the 30 dollars I have invested in them.

I will completely agree that they are a cheap poseur item, but I seriously need/ use them on nearly every outing that involves going off road. Though I will say that I don't go as far as putting springs on them. Regardless, they have served me well....

Yup - he's not kidding... saw it for myself last weekend. I took some good whacks - he brushed them aside.

I'm not saying there aren't individuals that actually "need" them. But they are so few and far between, that 99% of the time if you see them on a truck they are purely for show.

For those of you that truly need them, I intend no offense.

scrubber3

Not really here
No offense taken whatsoever. Trust me it would take a whole lot more than that. I see your point and then some! :ylsmoke:

JJackson

Explorer
LOL, I think he meant GUIDE wires. Must have heard it wrong.

So Tango, when are we putting some on your rig? I know you have the schematics set up for some of those high speed laser powered ones.....

Guy wire would be correct. Guy wire is a tensioned line, used for things like holding utility and antennas upright. Though guide certainly works in this application.

EXP-T100

Adventurer
I have had them on a couple of older vehicles that were full size rigs. drive a big vehicle on a jeep trail and ya they help big time. I will be putting them on my Ram when i get my front bumper on but will only have them on for trips into the MTNs since its my DD and dont need them in deep and dark burbs lol

John Willis

Observer
Im adding them onto my suburban, and yukon. It will help protect my upper lights and keep the limbs from grabbing as much on my racks.

squint

Adventurer
I could have definitely used these in northern AZ over the years. They would be particularly useful if you have lights on your roofrack or even to keep branches from snagging on the front of the rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94