Recommend me great stick on LED lights

Nomad110

So I am about to receive my Chaser trailer from AT for my D-110. Mario sent me the completed photos today...so excited. Anyway I didn't get the electrical package because I already rely on the trucks dual battery set up. I would however like a simple lighting sollution under the main lid. I'm thinking that some decent heavy duty battery powered stick on LED click on and off lights would do the trick. Does anyone want to recommend me a good brand that casts a good wide angle light and seems durable. I don't mind having more then one. Here are some pics:

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

Thanks!

Nomad110

Oh and I have to say...working with AT has been nothing but the best! They will get my business again and again...

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I picked up some LED puck lights (around here any price from $1.50 and up). The ones that I got have a magnet in the base, can use velcro and use 3 AAA's (REALLY would have liked AA's but oh well). I use them in the camper for extra light, at night when I want specific light in one place or if I am concerned about running out of power in the winter and want to read. Never thought they would be much use when I got the first ones but they have a lot of light, use very little power and being able to move them to different surfaces with the magnet is nice as well.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Go to Auto zone,Kragen or pepboys they have led strips up to 3ft long. They have their own battery supply to test them out and you could use that for the supply for a while or hard wire them to the battery with a switch. I use em and love em. You are gona love your trailer,I have the Horizon made in 09.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I got mine at Harbor Freight. They are grey in color, they make three styles. I'll snap a picture tomorrow sometime for you. There is a puck version that pivots, there is a more florescent looking version, and then a four head where all four lights allow their own direction. They each have two settings - low and high. and with the 2 of each version we have in the trailer, it lights the place up on the inside like fort knox!
I'll get pics tomorrow.
D

Nomad110

Oh and thanks to those of you who suggested lighting solutions. I went with Sylvania Dot-its. They are very bright and have built in magnets that are pretty strong. Perfect solution...

photo13.jpg

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Be careful they get addictive. :)

As stated above I love them, I do carry a extra set of batteries but to be honest they last me a long time (a year and a half or more of camping).

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Congrats on your new Chaser! We picked up our one owner Horizon today and are amazed at the quality. I will say you have great taste in tents, you bought the best! BTW, love the matching 110 wheels, classy.....

Cheers,

Benjie Edmonson
Dir. Of Marketing
Equipt Expedition Outfitters
www.equipt1.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nomad110

I thought I would also add what kind of brake controller I am using. I wanted to avoid drilling into my dash so I went with a Tekonsha Prodigy RF. It is an amazing remote system that mounts the entire controller compactly on the trailer. The settings and manual activation is done wirelessly from a hand held remote kept in the truck. The operation is just as good as any other Tekonsha under-dash product. Set up and installation is a snap. Essentially you just don't need the "blue wire" in the 7 pin connector from the truck. Here is a pic:

photo12.jpg

loup407

Adventurer
I hope you enjoy that trailer as much as we love our Horizon. We have similar puck lights in a few places on the Horizon, and haven't changed batteries in a year. I also have the same brake setup; it's been flawless. I'm trying to find a place to relocate that box so that it might be a bit less vulnerable; yours is the only other I've seen. Your rig looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke