Pics of your H20 setups

Woods

Explorer
Not sure all that you're looking to see, but I have 2 X 10 gallon tanks. Each has a close-able vent and a fill hose. I have the two connected with a hose at the bottom of each tank. I used large zip ties to hold them in place.

h2o1.jpg

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I would try to get it under the trailer.. These things break, and alot easier than most think. In the box if they are not protected, something hitting them when they are full or cold can split them very easily. Plus you are out of water and everything is soaked.

Should be room under the trailer, you can buy any size you want from plastic mart on line. they will build it to your specification and put the vents, drains where ever you want them.

Woods

Explorer
The vent is a drain cock. You should be able to get one at your local blue or orange borg.

I have a a hose that connects to the fitting at the top left of the pictures. This hose runs to my hot and cold water for my galley.

hiioi.jpg

Woods do you have a sprayer or any thing attdhed to the end hose? where did you get the air vent from?

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
You have already bought the tank, sorry I missed that. I have two 11 gallon tanks under my trailer. They are 5 inches thick, 22 inches wide and 38 long. The lower the water the better for stability on tough trails. Mine set right above my axle, which helps protect them. On the production trailers, I will have skid plates, but they are 24 inches above ground, so feel safe with them. I think there are pictures of the tanks within the first couple of pictures in my build thread.

If you are stuck with what you have, I would put it in front of the box some how to centralize the water weight. If you have batteries up front, then maybe on the rear somewhere to equalize weight. I need to go back and look at your build again. I watched it develop, but have forgotten the whole set up plan.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
30 gallon tank from ebay 12 volt pump from Hf
al mounted on a cradle that is removable. the braided line to the outside hose bib is
a faucet supply line. need to add a pet cock to relieve the pressure. No implosions of the tank.

Woods Love your flip open kitchen! "I may have to steal that idea!"

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
How about thick wall PVC pipe ?? 6",8" or 10" or ?? Capped at whatever length works for the trailer... I'd like two (one each on the inboard side of the frame) tied together with flexible hose going to a pump... Would there be any different water quality issues ?? Weight might be a slight concern...

Curt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94