Two Aux Tanks for the JK

JDaPP

Adventurer
Did rough measurements and sent it to this company (http://www.fueltankparts.com/universal-tanks/aluminum-tanks.html) and this what they replied back with.
"A 43"L x 9.5"W x 8.5"T, would hold roughly 13.5 useable gallons. I would just need a simple sketch with your dimensions and fitting locations for fabrication. Based off of the dimensions and description, your tank will cost approximately $350.00-$600.00"
Going out of town for a week, but when I get back I may look into these guys a little more closely.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I have also always wondered, what is the inflection point. For instance, at what point does the added weight of the additional fuel reduce mpg to the point that it doesn't justify carrying it. I don't have an answer, and have considered testing the theory. Something to think about...

That will basically never happen.

Weight only really impacts mpg when accelerating. Once you're at highway speeds, it doesn't matter much how much you weigh, it's much more about aerodynamics at that point.

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I just wish someone would buy the LRA tank and do a write up on it so I don't have to. I find it much easier to follow someone else then to strike out on my own!

JPK has one, he's written lots about it, and has tons of photos.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/59130-Jeep-JKU-Long-Ranger-Auxilliary-Fuel-Tank

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/68481-Long-Ranger-Gas-Tank-Advice-Needed

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/59174-Long-Ranger-Auxilliary-Tank-Photos

-Dan

shays4me

Willing Wanderer

That's the Long Ranger Tank. To fit that tank requires exhaust mods. I'd like to see a write up on the Long Range Automotive (LRA) tank. I may have to do it myself after the first of the year. I like the look of the Front Runner tank and would prefer to install their 48 litre in my JK. Unfortunately they won't sell me one here in the U.S. :(

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
That's the Long Ranger Tank. To fit that tank requires exhaust mods. I'd like to see a write up on the Long Range Automotive (LRA) tank. I may have to do it myself after the first of the year. I like the look of the Front Runner tank and would prefer to install their 48 litre in my JK. Unfortunately they won't sell me one here in the U.S. :(

Ahh, my bad, I always thought they were the same thing seeings the names are so similar.

-Dan

gfe jeep

Jeep Speed Shop

Put a TJ gas tank in the rear of a JK for less than the Genright. I like the Genright and hope it will be a future mod when funds are available. My exhaust will end before the axle and losing the small stoage in the back isn't a big deal for me.

JSS.com

They also have a device for making hot water showers for less than Synergy for those in expedition mode. Synergy will sell the components separately too.

George

Septu

Explorer
Put a TJ gas tank in the rear of a JK for less than the Genright. I like the Genright and hope it will be a future mod when funds are available. My exhaust will end before the axle and losing the small stoage in the back isn't a big deal for me.

JSS.com

They also have a device for making hot water showers for less than Synergy for those in expedition mode. Synergy will sell the components separately too.

George

It's jeepspeedshop.com

Looked over their stuff for a JK. They sell the skid plate for the TJ gas tank for a JK... but don't mention anything other than it's better to use a JK fuel pump, or that it's best to get a gas tank from a 04-05 TJ.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
It's jeepspeedshop.com

Looked over their stuff for a JK. They sell the skid plate for the TJ gas tank for a JK... but don't mention anything other than it's better to use a JK fuel pump, or that it's best to get a gas tank from a 04-05 TJ.

That's kinda cool.
Seems like there is tons of room back there for a gas tank or water tank or something. I wonder what they do to the rear sway bar?

-Dan

gfe jeep

Currie

Anti Rock should work. As with the Genright, they suggest using a 4 door model on the 2 door for a firmer feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94