Camping Lab Status

dcoy

Adventurer
Has anyone had any recent contacts or reliable information about the status of Camping Lab? I've seen references in various threads (and forums) about inability to make contact with Fernando and that he was in the process of bringing his production over to this continent, and both tents and awnings are in "Preorder" status, whatever that means, on the website. I would like to buy another awning and I recently ordered an awning enclosure and a RTT changing room (which appeared to be in stock on the web site), but there is no evidence they are on the way as of yet. I'd rather not send a bunch of emails and voicemails into black holes if no one else is successfully making contact. Hopefully my payment has not found its way into a black hole was well.

Thanks.

That would make four well-known "overland" suppliers that have either stopped communicating or seem to be suffering service disruptions - permanent or otherwise - recently. Pretty unfortunate. Sometimes you need to buy while you can, it seems.

dcoy

Adventurer
Uh oh, nobody with substantive info (thanks for the comment though, Driver), sort of a bad sign.

endo

PRIMITIVEROAD
That would make four well-known "overland" suppliers that have either stopped communicating or seem to be suffering service disruptions - permanent or otherwise - recently. Pretty unfortunate. Sometimes you need to buy while you can, it seems.
I am curious about who the other three are?

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
There was a thread recently about Hannibal products not being available here in the U.S. It sounded like the current U.S. distributor had very little stock and was trying to sell the distribution rights to another party.

Not sure who the others are.

Airmonger

Adventurer
Correct me if I'm wrong but, Sierra4x4trailers with hannibal and Warfield Offroad? Not sure who the last one is.

Yes, Sierra 4x4 Trailers is one, based on info from that other thread. A bummer, as I had a Hannibal awning on my build list. Their Twitter account has been silent for half a year now.

Campaign Furniture's website has been offline for at least a couple of weeks now, and I got no reply to a post to their Facebook page. Maybe they're off on vacation or something but I'm considering them MIA until they make a re-appearance.

The other company appears to be active in this forum still, although they've ignored my PMs and Facebook page inquiries about a product they're supposed to be offering. I'm taking that silence to mean that it won't be available anytime soon, if ever, and have moved on to look at other options.

Uglyduck

Adventurer
I just exchanged two emails with Fernando today regarding his 70" awning and a matching enclosure. I didn't ask about his stock status but he responded within an hour of both emails. I plan on purchasing an awning shortly and will likely do so over the phone if possible.

18seeds

Explorer
Charles Warfield is a crook. I've been trying to get my money back from him for over 6 months from the time he agreed to pay me back.

dcoy

Adventurer
More in the good news department, just received an email from Fernando that my enclosure and room are in stock and shipping. I hope the awnings and tents become available soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles