Slip Tank Installation Issues.

Cummins

I just put a slip tank in the box of my Dodge truck. I have a canopy on the truck, so I wanted the tank to be fillable from the outside. I went to a local auto wrecker and picked up a filler neck off a ford truck. I installed it in the canopy and plumbed it to my slip tank. I have a pump on the slip tank witch is connected to my trucks original tank via a tee in the vent line. But now when I go to fill the truck with diesel the cap in the canopy is not letting air in and I seem to be getting a lot of vacuum in the slip tan. I also have positive pressure on the truck tank. what to do? it the special caps or something?
any help or pics of what works for you would be awesome..

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I put a tank in the bed of my F350 on a bedslide - pull out to fill. I vented the tank trough an 1/8" fitting. Works for me.

Cummins

You vented how? You just have an open 1/8 line from the
tank out of the canopy? Do you have to connect and disconnect it to slide tank in and out?

98dango

Expedition Leader
your bed tank is not vented run a line down to the factory vent hose poof problem solved. in the canopie i would not use a vented cap

EXP-T100

Adventurer
your bed tank is not vented run a line down to the factory vent hose poof problem solved. in the canopie i would not use a vented cap

He cant he "I have a pump on the slip tank witch is connected to my trucks original tank via a tee in the vent line"
you need to vent both and i would connect the slip tank pump line to the filler neck and not the vent tube then you only have to worry about venting the slip tank. also try a fuel cut off in line so the two tanks are not "connected" unless you are transferring fuel:
http://www.mccampingsupplies.com/in...=16601&zenid=786c8f46909a4a53f99aef76ed9a7792
the fuel cut off valve a loan might solve your issue as long as your main tank is vented.

Josh

Cummins

The vent line I tied into on the original tank only vents from the filler cap, as you are fuelling the truck. So yes I believe you are right that I need to tie into the filler spout instead. Then of I plumb a line from the vent line on the truck tank to the slip tank so as i force fuel into the truck tank. The displaced air in the truck tank with then be able to flow to the slip tank thereby stopping my vacuums problem in my slip tank. I think I will run the 3/4" vent line from the truck tank to a tee on the slip tank, and run a secondary vent out of the canopy. just to speed up filling of the slip tank. will let you know and try to get some pics so its more clear

Cummins

i have a vented cap "IN" the canopy, in a recessed pocket on the outside of the canopy. I cut a hole in my canopy and put a pocket in for it so i could fuel outside the truck. hope that makes more sence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles